What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.8 Slow clock - Boggy
Nice simple one hopefully! Oval analogue style clock on mine keeps losing time, only 5-10 mins a day, any adjusting screws behind it or is this something more sinister like an advance warning of a weak battery? No other electrical niggles.
01 1.8 Slow clock - kithmo
A weak battery wouldn't cause the clock to lose time.
Although it is an analogue clock, it is electric so it has a quartz crystal that controls the timing so the clock will keep the same timing until it stops (i.e when the battery is flat).
I don't know if the car clock has any adjustment but electric clocks in general don't usually.
01 1.8 Slow clock - bathtub tom
I thought analogue car clocks were 'wound' every few seconds, or have things moved on? Those I've looked at before take a pulse of current at regular, short intervals, so should have some sort of adjustment.
However the digital clock in my Kia Pride loses bucketfuls of time when the car's standing idle for a few days, but keeps perfect time when it's running, and for a few days after each run. I presume it's someting to do with battery voltage, or instrument voltage regulator (would it have one of those?).