What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ghia? - denmilford
The Ford Focus III (facelift model) is available in the Ghia trim level in the Republic of Ireland. Does anyone know whether this version will be introduced to the UK? I suppose it would be completely silly to import one from Ireland?
Ghia? - gmac
read the post wrong way round...
It does seem odd to import the Ghia to Ireland but not the UK.
Just looked at Ford.de and they have the Ghia too ???

Edited by gmac on 03/09/2008 at 21:24

Ghia? - Old Navy
The Ford Focus III (facelift model)>>

How do you get to focus III? By your counting it should be focus 4. I thougt we had a Focus I, followed by a facelift model (known as a 1.5) then a Mk 2 (2004-2008) and now a facelift, Mk 2.5.
Ghia? - boxsterboy
I don't think facelifts should count as 'new' models. IMHO we are currently on 'facelift Focus 2s'
Ghia? - denmilford
I mean the current one - HJ calls it the Focus III - but I agree, it's really just a facelift of the Mk 2.

My point is this: I don't care for the "sporty" attributes of the Zetec and the Titanium is overly "glitzy" and loaded with things I don't particularly want (privacy glass, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlights, cruise control......). I suppose the Style would be OK but the Ghia, as offered in Ireland, seems to be more nearly "my cup of tea".
Ghia? - AlastairW
I understand the Ghia badge is being phased out in the UK. There will be no new Fiesta Ghia. Is there a Mondeo?
Ghia? - Pugugly
www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/20906...l

Seemingly

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/09/2008 at 01:49

Ghia? - L'escargot
I think the equivalent of what would previously have been called Focus Ghia in the UK is now called Titanium. tinyurl.com/59k3h8

Edited by L'escargot on 04/09/2008 at 08:27

Ghia? - Ben 10
Throughout the Ford range, the Titanium is the top spec. No more Ghia.
Ghia? - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/5w3cdt

Now that is a "real" Ghia! I remember my dad having a Cortina Mark IV (when you also had clear "marks" of cars) 2.3 Ghia Estate.
Think the Ghia got fancy wheels (not necessarily alloy), bumper overriders (remember them) and a black vinyl roof. Front headrests may have been an extra as well.
The Ghia badge sat proudly on each front wing!
Ghia? - Alby Back
Now I could be wrong............. but I'm pretty sure a Ghia would have had a black vinyl roof. I think that's a GL with Ghia wheels on.

I'm quite disappointed I know or care about that.

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 04/09/2008 at 21:01

Ghia? - ifithelps
Humph,

Looking at the other pics, I think it is a Ghia.

It's badged on wings and boot as a Ghia.

It has fake wood on the dash and door cappings - think that nails it.
Ghia? - Alby Back
Might be......still think.........

;-)
Ghia? - Alby Back
The other thing bothering me ( apologies to Peter Falk ) is the stripes above the sills. I thought they were only on the Crusader final editions.... Hmmmm.

GL models had the fake wood dash but not the door caps. Yeah...maybe it is a late Ghia after all.

Why the flippin' 'eck do I care.....

;-)

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 04/09/2008 at 21:32

Ghia? - ifithelps
Stripes didn't strike me as original - plenty of 'transfer artists' around when this car was first registered.
Ghia? - Marc
It's a MkV Ghia - alloys (the MkIV Ghia had steel "sports" wheels), centre console, velour seats and wood door caps give it away for me.

Those stripes look fairly authentic too. The Crusader had red pinstriping down the sides and on the bonnet.

Incidentally the Focus Ghia topic has been discussed fairly recently :

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=58003

Edited by Marc on 04/09/2008 at 22:07

Ghia? - disbeliever
Normally it is best to import cars from Ireland as pre-tax they are usually much cheaper there than in rip-off treasure Island Britain. However with the recent decline of the £ against the Euro due to our stupid Government there might not be much difference . Topical Joke

re humourous tragedy joke cut short but you will get the drift

Finally,at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand.. In a quiet voice he said: 'If A plane carrying you & Mr DARLING was struck by 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragegy.' 'Fantastic! exclaimed GORDON BROWN. That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy? ' 'Well,' says little Johnny 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a accident either!'

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/09/2008 at 13:29

Ghia? - Old Navy
It has fake wood on the dash and door cappings - think that nails it.

Things dont change a lot, my 05 Focus Ghia has genuine Ford plastic wood on the dash.
Ghia? - Altea Ego
Ghia?

That badge or term has no relevance in this decade any more. It means something to young boys who have grown into old men, (like me) but it has no meaning to the new generation of car buyers

Ghia? - cheddar
It is not a Focus III, rather a facelift Focus II, surely.
Ghia? - Pugugly
Oh dear.
Ghia? - cheddar
Oh dear.

The exception is the Mondeo I / II where the II was really only a facelift though is officially known as the II. It seems that the 2008 Focus is to be recognised as a facelift II rather than III, it also seems that the 3rd gen Focus will come along in 2010/11.

Re Ghia, Ford's press info says " and at the top of the range, the classic luxury of Ghia and the "techno feel" of Titanium variants ........ (availability depends on market)."

And the Ghia is available in Eire:

www.ford.ie/ie/focmca/foc_models/foc_model_ghia/-/.../-

www.ford.co.uk/ie/mondeo/mdo07_models/mdo_model_gh.../-

The Irish have taste eh RF?

Ghia? - Marc
"That badge or term has no relevance in this decade any more. It means something to young boys who have grown into old men, (like me) but it has no meaning to the new generation of car buyers"

That's obviously Ford's thinking as well.

I think it's a shame. If it's a Ford, it's got to be a Ghia or Ghia X (as in MkII Granada 2.8) for me.
Ghia? - cheddar
That's obviously Ford's thinking as well.

As has been said they do the Ghia Focus in Eire and elsewhere and the Ghia Mondeo here, in fact if you add all the goodies I think the Ghia is the Mondeo that can be specced highest.

(Sorry the Mondeo link in my last post was in error)