What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Pugugly

This is Volume 8 of an unexpectedly popular thread outlining (as he subtly altered subject line suggests) owners' experiences.

Volumes 1-7 are below.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Volume 5

Volume 6

Volume 7

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/09/2008 at 01:11

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - thegreatnorm
Ive got mine at long last.

Picked my cabrio up last night, ordered it at the end or March.

There were spots of rain when we drove away but as soon as it stopped we pulled over and dropped the top. Loads of room in the front of the car, the boot is massive, oh and it's also great to drive.

I nearly cancelled the order but I'm glad I didn't, it's well worth the wait so all you still waiting - hang on in there!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - welshlad
welcome to the exclusive CZC owners club theres only 3 new members a year LOL
Saw a blue one today.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Marichu
Hi you can now make that 4 members lol ?? however I’m looking for a drivers side rear bumper reflector if anyone knows what the part number is please ? Please let me know I’m having a mare !!!!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - also waiting impatiently
you are so lucky - shame about the weather but sunday is going to be good.
i've even given up ringing the dealer - hope they havn't run off with my deposit!!!!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - martyn_glasgow
Long time reader - first time contributor. We ordered a CZC on 24 March, had the now common stories from Colt Car Co (on it's way, next week/month, deffo this month, etc). Currently expected in November... I saw a silver one in Glasgow this week and managed to ask the driver how long, etc. She ordered hers in January and took delivery the day before I saw her. The dealer called and told her it was there and she should come get it. She told them she was happy to wait until the weekend (4 days) but was told "we need the space, if you want to wait till the weekend we'll have to charge £60 for storage"(!!!!!). Then when she went to get it, they told her that as the mileage on her trade in had significantly changed (after 8 months what do you expect) the trade in offered was reduced by £500. She wisely took the car, went home and wrote a letter to CCC, the dealer and a national Scottish paper - she got a call from the paper who want to do a feature on it in the motoring pages.

I think I'll have to let Mrs collect the car herself if the dealer tries that nonsense... couldn't trust myself. Just for info, we ordered a blue one as a second car for my wife.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - greeny
Hi

I have called round a few dealers to try and get my hands on one but no luck! Customer Service are still working on March Orders and are hoping to get all orders fufilled by the end of the year! I ordered mine 5 months today and am getting very frustrated!!!!!
Has anyone been called with their delivery date?
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - czc owner
Hi

As a new user of this site can I add my thoughts.....

We ordered our CZC1 in November 2007 and took delivery 2 weeks later- I guess we just missed the problems with delays!
Let me tell you about our experiences so far....

Black paint- DON'T ! Ours seems to have been painted with supermarket own brand emulsion- "cleaning scratches", stone chips, in fact anything seems to show a hundred times more than any other car we have owned.

Brake squeak- 3 attempts for our local dealer to fix and still they squeak.

Other than these "problems" you'll find it well worth the wait- 40+ mpg, no rattles etc, roof up or down in seconds and no one will know how little you paid.

PS has any one noticed how much a used CZC is worth ?!!

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - sporty chick
Hi everyone, sorry not been to the site for a while, been too busy driving!!

How is everyone getting on with their cars?

I've had no major probs and car is running fine. I would have to disagree with the last comment about the black coloured cars, mine is black and aslong as i keep on top of washing and a wax now and then i think it looks fab!!
I think most people who have any black car will find it hard to mainta but i love it that much i dont mind ( except the wheels, they drive me mad!!)

Oh and has anyone bought a windbreaker and do they make alot of difference? I've seen an accessory pack for the czc on ebay for £195, which includes CARPET MAT SET,REAR BUMPER PROTECTION FOIL,DOOR ENTRY GUARDS AND WIND DEFLECTOR (link to page cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002...0).
Does anyone think that is a good purchase or know of any good deals on the wind deflectors?
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - bhoy wonder
Sporty Chick,

Have you checked out detailed feedback of the seller. A couple of people have bought them and are happy with the purchase. I do not know if it is a good deal ot not.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - sporty chick
yeah i had a look at the feedback and seems like a good deal. Basically just wanted to kow if anyone had bought one and if its worth the money?
if the sellers are reputable then its a very good deal the windbreaker alone would set you back alot more directly from mitsibushi
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - thegreatnorm
Hi to all,

I've had my black CZC2 for just over 2 weeks now, everything is great

I had a courtesy call from John the salesman in Mitsu Darlington, who tells me that they have a black CZC2 available for sale. If anyone is interested get interested get in touch and mention Norman.
Sunday, lunchtime a transporter on the M6 north of Lancaster services, fully loaded with MMC's products, appeared to be broken down on the hard shoulder - three of these little cars on the bottom deck.
got my car - love it - only waited since may so not as long as some of you guys.
got a wind deflector fitted by dealer as i have long hair. from a girl point of view, hair doesn't move with wind deflector up and windows up!!!! tried it with deflector down and hair blowing about and could't see where 1 was going - so in answer to your question well worth the money!!!!
I am STILL waiting.
Pretty cheesed off. I must be the only one on this forum waiting now! 23 weeks since I have ordered it.
Just out of interest, what colour did you go for? Very pleased for you!!
Been waiting 26 weeks so far.
blue
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - harveyeddee
23 weeks for me
blue - don't know where you are or what colour you ordered but what about the black one mentioned last week?
I am in the South East and after a slilver one.
Thanks for the comment about the wind buffer. I will make sure I get one!
When in May did you order it?
Dealer still maintains that orders are being filled in date order.
Silly me, could it be another lie from Mitsubishi?
Spoke to Colt Car Company customer services today. I initially told them we had ordered a blue CZC in May and when could we expect it - they told me all March orders had been fulfilled and they were halfway through April so "it shouldn't be too long". I then said silly me, did I say May, I meant March 24th.... but if they all been fulfilled, where is it? Chap on phone became very flustered and denied saying that the first part of April was being supplied now. I'm starting to think a Daihatsu Copen might be worth the money!
I Think this goes to prove that you can't believe a word Mitsubishi say.

My dealer who I have found to be extremely helpful under the circumstances, has after reading the comments on this site, stopped passing on the bogus updates from Mitsubishi as even they twigged the information being handed out by Mitsubishi was crap.

Mitsubishi's recent television campaign wanted to raise the awareness of the UK market to companies capabilities.

It did. We now know that:

1. It has some good cars (and some not so)
2. They could not organise a knees up in a brewery.
3. They don't give a hoot about their customers.
4. The customer service training in how to lie to people is second to none.
5. That they feel that to lie to a customer rather than being upfront and truthful is an
acceptable way to run a company.
quote snipped

Edited by Pugugly on 18/09/2008 at 22:00

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - BobbyG
If its any consolation, the car is one ugly car with the roof up! :)

I know these are (or were) bought on the roof down looks and the price level, but I have seen a couple over the last couple of days and they really are ugly, remind me of that 2 seater Suzuki thing, X90 or something?

Mind you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, I am sure there are people out there who like the BMW X6 as well!
Ordered mine mid May - 14 weeks till i got call that it had arrived at docks - where ever they are - two more weeks till i got delivery. I got the impression that they were allocated to dealers rather than customers - which must be right if you ordered 2 months before me.

BobbyG's comments about ugly - I'm sure most of the cars ordered were for fun not looks!!!!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Rick o Shea
Not pretty? !!!!

rickoshea.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albu...2
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - BobbyG
IMHO side on view with roof up, not pretty.
View from the rear, definitely not pretty.

Roof down, not too bad.

Like the colour though Rick!
TY Bob
Lol!
I have got it!! It is fantastic, I love it!!!
Well worth the wait, trust me.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - justfedup
We ordered a silver CZC2 in April from Oxford Mitsubishi. They explained the cars were on delay but our car would be manufactured in July for delivery August just in time for reg on 58 plate. Then the story becomes familiar to all other contributors to this thread. All through July and August we couldn't get confirmation the car had been made let alone shipped. Oxford Mitsubishi kept us in the loop, I just think they were kept in the dark by Mitsubishi. They told us that the MD of Mitsubishi UK agreed to take all the production of CZC's if he could drop the price. Mitsubishi agreed and were obviously caught out by the demand. This is fair enough but they should have been honest with their dealers and customers. In September we had a call from the dealer, no sign of our car, but he could offer us an orange CZC2 which had just arrived but cancelled by another fed up customer. We looked at it but just couldn't stand the colour (each to their own I guess). We cancelled the car and went to Vauxhall and bought a Tigra, just in time for a bit of September sunshine. It's a damn fine car, wish we had ordered one in April now. Anyway as far as I know Mitsubishi Oxford still has the orange one and should be getting our cancelled silver one soon if anyone wants one.
its just not getting any better is it, even though i got mine with only a month delay (took possession in may) i still feel bad for all those still waiting.

what i cant believe is the lack of reporting about this delay problem it really has to be one of the biggest motoring stories of the year but no-one seems willing to mention it, and you have to wonder if this is the reason mitsibushi havent pulled their fingers out to resolve it or at the very least just come clean and said once and for all what exactly is going on
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - welshboy
its gone very quiet on this forum lately. any news on any peoples cars? had my orange czc2 2 months now and its going brilliantly
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - yorky
Hi Guys
Well I'm sorry to say I've let you all down by buying a Micra C+C in Red and its wonderful. I took delivery on Wed 10 Sept and I've had the top down about 5 times. I even sat in the back last night and its comfortable. I've got a wind deflector and you don't have to take it out when someone sits in the back.
Sorry!

PS My silver Colt is up for grabs at the Bury St Edmunds dealer if it ever arrives. Just ask for Adam or Abbie.

Thanks Honest John for pointing me in the right direction.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - justfedup
I think that most of the regular readers of this forum have either got their cars now or have just given up and purchased other brands like me. It will be interesting to see if there is a glut of CZC's when the backlog arrives, probably next spring! If so they may be even cheaper!!
I got mine a week and a half ago and am over the moon with it! So pleased i did not go for a different car.
We have even had good weather so the roof has been down most days. Well worth the wait!!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - sadlad
Like some others I have been watching this thread but not contributed for a while. A few comments in light of recent posts.

My wife ordered a black CZC2 on 23 Feb and got it after 13 weeks. She really likes it and the car is great.

I had thought naming of garages was not allowed, but since they have been named recently, we have to say that Mitsubishi Oxford [Motorworld] were and are very good. The problem with information is that the only people who really know are the Mitsubishi vehicle adminstration office at Portbury docks [nr Bristol] and the data is hidden on the dealer system until the car is on its way to them. We did eventually manage to get news by persuading a chap in Mitsubishi UK Customer Services at Cirencester to make a specific enquiry to them by phone. [Note - they are different companies!!]

As I have commented recently, this is low-volume build car [almost "hand-built"], so delivery time of upto 14 weeks was not surprising. But of course since 1 March, interest in open cars shoots up and the backlog just got worse so now they are working to clear it. Maybe they will be back to 14 weeks delivery by December??? Given that MUK misjudged the likely demand, we cannot understand why they did not withdraw the price cut for new orders after end of March 2008.

As a low volume car they are rare - and that has its own merits. A few months ago, autotrader had several low mileage reg cars for almost as much as list price [and some pre-registered]. I have seen one or two occasionally here in S Oxfordshire - one orange and one blue. When my wife was ordering back in Feb, she test-drove a black turbo and they had an orange CZC2 awaiting collection and a blue one in the show room. Some else had just ordered a black CZC1 and I think there was an order for a second black CZC2.

On looks, the actual back/boot is not much different from the Tigra but the nose is shorter, so a side or 3/4 view is not the best! But the Micra----definitely odd [and wife feels the steering is too light.]
I am still waiting, mid April I ordered a black CZC3.
Have now been told it has arrived in UK and will be here soon.
I can't fault Bells, Mitsubishi in Bedford as they have been brilliant, our salesman Mark is superb.
Mitsubishi suck - True, but after looking at what the competition had to order, the car really is good value for money and as with all Cabrio's has it's own uniqueness which people obviously either like or dislike.
Can't believe people spend so much time worrying about a car's looks. It just proves that we all have different tastes - thank goodness because if we didn't the planet would be exceptionally boring.
Am so glad that all of you are happy with your cars - here's to fine weather and many "Topless" days.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/10/2008 at 13:44

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Dynamic Dave
I had thought naming of garages was not allowed

It depends on what you're saying about them. If you're praising them, then that's generally fine - however it you're slagging them off, then that's not (ie, naming/shaming)

DD.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/10/2008 at 13:47

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - sadlad
PS - just had a look on autotrader. Quite a few low delivery mileage CZC's there if anyone is desparate - but some actually MORE than the list price! So anyone who has actually managed to get one has done well.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - yorkshirelass
Justfedup,
Hi i to got fed up after 20 weeks and bought a Tigra at beg of Sep.Im so pleased i did iv had the top down lots, just been to Arran in her for two weeks it was sun almost every day so the top was down all the time.
Did see a very sad sight as we were coming back from Arran a orange czc being helped onto brakedown lorry.Hope they dont have to wait to long to get it back on the road.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - bimmer-driver
I ordered a black CZC2 back in March and got fed up with waiting for it. After threatening the dealer with legal action I finally got my deposit back and bought a nearly new MINI Cooper cabrio and have never looked back. Mind you, now its getting colder and damper a folding steel roof looks very nice compared with my fabric one even if my MINI is much better to drive.
What lovely weather we are having. So glad I didnt wait for my Colt. I'd still be waiting and I wouldnt have been able to have the top down! I've had my Micra top down three times this weekend.

Anyone out there got their CZC3 Colt yet.

This site has gone very quiet. Does that mean that no one at all has got a Colt CZC.

Happy motoring.
Well, no, I'd say a lot of the orders have arrived, hence no need to visit this site and discuss it.
Hi Rick and All

You reckon! Well you could be right. They may be out in them today with the top down as here in sunny Suffolk its doing just that.
Maybe!
I am in sunny suffolk too, and had the top down yesterday but its a bit too cold today for me!
saw a '08 silver CZC near southampton on saturday morning around 6.30am first one (apart from mine) ive seen so far so they are out there
Bet they didnt have the top down at that time of the morning. I havnt seen one since the summer and that was in Yorkshire. Just wondered if they had made any more recently. Anyone got a CZC3 yet?

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - welshboy
have everyone that posted on this websites had their cars now then? any people still waiting?
I doubt it.
Anyone taken delivery lately.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - ozlass
Hiya from sunny Australia!

I purchased my silver 2006 Colt Cabriolet 1.5l Turbo here in Oz on 24th Novemeber 2008, in immaculate condition, one previous lady owner and 13,000kms on the clock. (Its a run-around car for me as we also have a Mitshibishi Outlander as a family car).

I absolutely love the car, despite some peoples comments like 'oh is that YOUR strange looking car in the car park' !!!!! comments like that really annoy me its like me peering into a pram and saying 'oh is that YOUR ugly looking baby" lol lol well its true!!!!! I love its looks and its colour and its handling and and.................

As you can appreciate, driving with the roof down here is usually no problem, apart from the sun and the heat! (its currently 38 bdegrees here in Perth!)

Does anyone know if they make a 'dash-mat' specifically for this model of Colt....as there is a lot of dashboard to protect from this very harsh sun?!

Keep up the correspondence its great to hear from you all with your "Colt Cabiolet' stories, not all the bad news of waiting of course, but the joy when the new car is delivered! and the driving experiences etc

Best Wishes to you all!!
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - CZC3Black
Has anybody had a problem with parts of the paintwork feeling 'rough' although you can't actually see what's wrong with it? I collected my new car 2 weeks ago - and despite the best efforts of the dealer with his polishing cloth and a bodyshop with a polisher, the front wing still feels like sandpaper to the touch?

I think i'm facing a respray on a 2 week old car.

Apart from that - super car. handles really well, has 'pep' when you need it, light on fuel and really comfy to drive. I love it!!!

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Dynamic Dave
I think i'm facing a respray on a 2 week old car.

You'd be surprised at the amount of brand new cars that have had to have resprays before the first owner gets their hands on the keys.
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - marky2009
I have a race blue colt czc and love it.

Great service and help from mitsubushi also.

The wind delflector is must buy you get if not any wind or draft with one there great.

Also tigra's are nothing compared to the colt since the colt is the fastest cabriolet in its range and quicker than the tigra 1.8 i left a tigra for dead in mine and they just couldnt keep up. Youve also go rear sears in the colt i know there small but its extra room for bags the tigra has none.

I do have modification to my fuel pipe though to give me a extra 10bhp and better response but like a magician i dont give away me secret :)

Overal the colt is a great buy for a great price

Also to the last poster i know its a new car but try claying the car when you wash it this usually gets rid of any uneven parts

Edited by marky2009 on 26/01/2009 at 17:40

Owners' experiences Vol 8 - Marichu
I have a blue one and in Southampton ??
Owners' experiences Vol 8 - lili

Hi I've had my czc for about 10 months now, had the roof reset and windows realigned due to a rattle and then major leakage...now out of no where I'm getting a persistent high pitched 3 beeps from the dashboard that goes on for about a minute whenever I set off ...on a morning at traffic lights, if I have to stop at junctions its driving me demented, there are no warning lights on the dash or else where and I'd really like to avoid another trip to the garage any ideas? Thanks!