SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - NickS
Afternoon Back Roomers!

Hoep you are all well.

Some of you might remember me posting around this time last year, asking for advice regarding what car we should take on the Student version of the Gumball Rally (www.studentbrakeaway.com). we ended up with a J reg BMW 730i, which until the engine gave up, was ideal for the job.

Its that time of year where we are requiring another car for this years rally, which involves us driving to Croatia, via belguim, Switzerland, Italy and Slovenia, and i thought who better to ask for advice than you fine people.

Shortlist so far is;

Lexus LS400
Volvo 960 (3.0 24v)
Mercedes S-Class
BMW 7 Series (again)
Volvo 850 T5
Honda Legend
W124 E Class estate

Please feel free to suggest any others though, bearing in mind our max budget is £1k
SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - Carse
My recommendation would be a Jaguar XJR or XKR, Perfect for the Job and very, very quick

Carse
SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - Pugugly
7 Series.
SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - rtj70
Give more of the money to charity and have a holiday instead? I know boring but the offical website says that over 1000 people have raised £75k... so that's £75 each on average. Wouldn't even cover much fuel.

Sounds like an excuse to drive illegally (especially with the evenings involving drink).

With fuel prices high and this not covering many miles then how about a Morris Minor or Mini ;-)
SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - stackman
How about a Vauxhall Carlton/Omega/Senator 3.0 24V.

Big, cheap and comfy.
SBA Rally 2008- Car Choice! - retgwte
dunno id go for an old hot hatch

something thats been treasured and not been thrashed, hard i know but they are out there

suzuki swift gti or similar would be my choice