What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 2.2 cdti Shudderung on start up - turbosanny
Over the past few months or so, our Honda Accord 2.2 cTDi executive has sometimes given a wee shudder on turning on the ignition.
Having taken it to be tested at our local Honda dealer, it seemed all was OK. However, today my wife had been driving it, and the alert (exclamation sign flashed) and then car started to knock and shudder whilst in motion. She pulled over and after a few minutes all seemed well, except for the fact that the foot brake sounded like an air brake everytime she depressed it! By the time she arrived home, on parking it and turning the ignition off the foot brake had no give in it and as she described it, 'It was solid.'
I have tested it tonight and everything seems to be fine again, but I really do not like this shuddering and wondering whether this is an injector prob. Can anyone advise?

Edited by Pugugly on 27/06/2008 at 21:54

2004 2.2 cdti Shudderung on start up - MikeTorque
Back to the Honda dealer and politely tell um to get their finger out. Sounds like the brake system has a fault that needs attention asap. It's safer to have the car collected by the garage or breakdown service rather than risk driving it.
2004 2.2 cdti Shudderung on start up - turbosanny
Mmm! We did go back to the Honda dealer who ran a diagnostic test on the car....and guess what? They find nothing wrong with the car! This is the second diagnostic test we have had done to this car...and each time nothing.
Whatever caused the car to behave in this way is a total mystery, and is running fine again...including the brakes! We are baffled!
Anyone got any further brain-stomping ideas??? We haven't an iota as to what it could be.
All suggestions gratefully received!