What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 1.4 - emission light on - ken83
The car as been to garage put on computer told sender at fault on exhaust on two different occasions had two fitted second time ford genuine part alright for a few days each time then light comes on, on motorway to satisfy myself had newcat fitted same result alright for few days i have done 8000 miles with this problem car runs great i have i to live with it help

And the engine is ?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/07/2008 at 19:53

emmission light on - Screwloose

Around half the oxygen sensors that get binned are working perfectly; garages don't understand how feedback loops work and shoot the messenger.

Without year, engine and fault-code details; there's little more that can be said.
emmission light on - ken83
sorry about short information it is a ford fiesta 1.41zetec engine year 2003 engine no 3l31462 petrol of course thanks ken
emmission light on - Screwloose

What was the exact code number and which sensor, of the two, did they change?
03 1.4zetec emmission light - ken83
emmission light still on fiesta 2003 engine 1.4zetec as passed mot so emmissions ok had new cat: fitted . two sensors fitted to exhaust first one not genuine ford part so fitted genuine one, light ok for probably about 50miles then came no noticable alteration how car is running have done about 8000 miles with this fault ? also this is with motorway &A55 running to north wales UNDER SPEED LIMIT OF COURSE NORTH WALES

{moves to previous question, as related to it}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/07/2008 at 19:21

03 1.4zetec emmission light - Screwloose

Can't make any sense of that; how about some sentences?
03 1.4zetec emmission light - mfarrow
It would help if you could answer Screwloose's previous questions on the same topic.