What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 1.4 Harsh Ride - nicechap
Our Honda Jazz 1.4 2002 has a harsh ride especially over the pot holes of UK roads of today. Can anyone tell me a solution to this problem ? Do I need softer shock absorbers and if so, what type ? Thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/06/2008 at 01:37

Harsh Ride - Honda Jazz 1.4 2002 - Dulwich Estate
A known issue in 2002 models.

The ride was improved in 2003 when we got one. I guess you need to find out the manufacturer's mods. and move on from there.
Harsh Ride - Honda Jazz 1.4 2002 - Bill Payer
Honda did have kits to modify early versions but I read somewhere (is it in CBCB?) that they didn't do many as it caused other problems. I've also seen comments about putting some kind of rubber washer in (I think) the front suspension mounting, which stops vibrations (perhaps through the steering?) but doesn't help the ride.

I'm sure a dealer would be able to advise, but I doubt there would be much difference - ours is a late 2003 model and that has a pretty harsh ride too. The 2005 onwards models are quite a bit better.

What make tyres is your car on, and are the pressures at their minimum settings?