What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Ford Ka - adm
Does anyone know when the best time and place to buy a new Ford Ka?
My wife is after one and i am aware that the current model will be replaced soon (Not sure when the new model comes out)
So best time to buy?
Best place to buy?
New Ford Ka - daveyjp
Benfield Ford are still advertising new ones (Studio spec) from £4,990.
New Ford Ka - adm
Thanks daveyjp will check them out.
New Ford Ka - daveyjp
I'd be interested to hear if these cars actually exist!

The website seems to have them advertised all the time so this could be unreliable and just a hook to get you to call.
New Ford Ka - maz64
Brand new Kas (not pre-reg) at drivethedeal from £5.6k.
New Ford Ka - Optimist
Dagenham Motors has 1.3 Style for £5995.

New Ford Ka - colinh
"the [new] Ka ? which is due to hit showrooms towards the end of 2008" - a magazine website last week
New Ford Ka - adm
If the new KA comes out later this year will the price for the current model drop even further?
Is it better to wait till the year end to get the best price?
New Ford Ka - Leif
" Dagenham Motors has 1.3 Style for £5995."

Not so long ago (less than 6 months?) they had the base model for £5K. It seems to happen once a year, or at least has done for a few years now. I presume they are clearing out preregistered cars. I can't recall the exact date, except that they keep sending me bumf.
New Ford Ka - skorpio
Ever noticed thet when a new small car is brought out, the manufaturer always makes them bigger, heavier and frumpier?

I wonder how long it will be before the New Fiat 500 gets a 'facelift' and looks like a lardy blob of overblown wotsit.
New Ford Ka - oilrag
Saw a great pic of the next KA in Auto Express. Still can`t find out if its been Galvanised like the 500, or whether Uncle Henry has gone the (allegedly) `traditional` route.

Edited by oilrag on 05/06/2008 at 18:57

New Ford Ka - Number_Cruncher
Ever noticed thet when a new small car is brought out, the manufaturer always makes them bigger, heavier and frumpier?

It's an unwritten rule that development engineering always adds cost and weight.

Add to this, the ever present effect of marketing types. The new model must offer more - it must be able to be described as better or superior to the old model, to try to entice people to upgrade.

In short, the growth of a model during these changes is inevitable.

New Ford Ka - skorpio
Shame though since the whole point of a small car is to appeal to a specific demographic who actually want a small car.
Take the VW Polo as an example. The latest incarnation was actually heavier than a Mk1 Golf. Yes I know airbags and safety features add weight, but why make a 'small practical car' larger. So large in fact VW then introduced the utterly pointless Fox to fill the niche. They should have kept the Lupo going.
New Ford Ka - Tornadorot
Ever noticed thet when a new small car is brought out the manufaturer always makes
them bigger heavier and frumpier?

As a rule yes, but an exception to this is the Mazda 2 - the current one is lighter, smaller (or lower, at least!) and definitely less frumpy than the previous. But it's a different sort of car altogether.
New Ford Ka - Leif
Just found this one:

www.perrys.co.uk/ford-ka
New Ford Ka - frazerjp
I've seen the new shape in the Auot Express mag, it just looks like the C2 & the Aygo, another cloned partnership to me, where as the original Ka was totally unique!