What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
My new 2.0 TDCI estate. Views and Opinions. - ablandy
As the title suggests, this will be the thread where i give my views and opinions on my new car - the Mondeo 2.0 tdci estate. This will be my first new car ever, so its a big event for me. So far i have always bought a couple of years old but now i want a common rail diesel, i felt it was better to go new. Im leasing it from a leasing company (not from Ford direct - im not naming an shaming!)

I have been waiting 4 months for this car, should have been 3 months. I was told it was going to be delivered to the dealer on saturday and i would be able to take delivery this week. Oh Joy! How exciting. So i call on Wednesday to chase up when delivery will be. No one in the office can help, they will call me back. Slightly deflated i wait. And wait. And wait. 5 hours late, i call them again. "We will call back with the details in 10 minutes". Hmm ok. Hour later i call back. "Oh it wasnt delivered to the dealer on saturday" Hmmmmmm ok, so where is it? "oh we dont know, i will have to get x to call you".

That was yesterday. i sent off a snippy email expressing my disappointment at a) not getting told the car wastn coming and b) that i had to do all the chasing. So obivously i had a call this morning explaining what the problem was and telling me when the car was going to arrive and apologising profusely. Er, no. Nothing.

Maybe i am being unreasonable, but i dont think so. The initial shine of getting a new car has been tarnished by waiting times and this irritation. When we got the wifes car we knew the exact date weeks before.

I am decidedly miffed and annoyed because i was getting all excited at the prospect of the new car. Im a big kid still(im 34) and have had my excitement dashed on the rocks of disappointment.

I will keep this updated and will update with my impression of the car when i get it. Or should that be if i get it!

Edited by Pugugly on 29/05/2008 at 19:41

my new mondeo - Collos25
Good main agents are few and far between in germany the good ones are normally small family owned but in the UK they do not exist at all,think youself lucky if it comes in the correct colour.
my new mondeo - Saltrampen
" Im leasing it from a leasing company "
My mate has got a lease car and both us suspect they wait until they get several orders for the same model (especially fords and vauxhalls) , get a bigger discount and pocket the extra money but make you wait.
Maybe wrong in your case, but has the dealer been waiting for something from the lease company or is it really just down to the dealer?
my new mondeo - Optimist
Yeah. I can't quite follow the events. If it's new the leasing company will have to get the dealer to register it but they'll (presumably) want your insurance to get the tax. So it all seems a bit confused.

I'd imagine the leasing company do wait till they get a big enough order for a decent discount, but they should still know what's going on with thier car.

Be interested to know what happens.

Good luck.

my new mondeo - ablandy
the problem is they are pants at giving me any info.

they just blame ford, but that seems a bit odd. There seems to be the leasing company, a broker and the dealer involved in this deal. Its crazy. If i treated my customers like this, well i would go bust.

i also think they sit on orders until its convenient for them. The difficulty is i have no real ammo for getting them to get a shuffle on. If i threaten to cancel the order, then i would end up waiting another 4 months so thats not good.

i will be calling them now, i have got fed up of waiting - in my email yesterday i told them to call me today with an accurate date. I am astounded that no one has called.

its all taking a shine off the new car.
my new mondeo - ablandy
i called them and she was on the phone and will call back in 5 minutes.

Guess what happened next - nothing. I called back an hour later "oh, shes gone home". O dear, i felt a rant coming on. I know it does no good, but bad service does rankle. I was then put through to someone else who was very apologetic but could still not actually give me any information. She made all the right noises and says she will sort it out but i will wait and see.

To save boring everyyone with the ins and outs of this i will save my next post until i actually get the car or something unusual happens.
my new mondeo - jc2
Ask for the dealer principal and tell him the names of the people who are giving you the run-around when you finally get hold of him.