What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
tyre noise - brucee
Hi
My Galaxy is fitted with Michelin Pilot tyres from new
I have just had two new Firestone Firehawk TZ200 Fitted to the front I am getting excessive road noise from them can anyone shed any light on this matter

cheers brucee
tyre noise - Marc
Just a thought but what year Galaxy is it? If it is a Shalaxambra then it may require reinforced/extra load tyres. Are the Firestones reinforced?
tyre noise - jc2
I've had Firestones on various cars in the past;they've always been noisier than other makes.
tyre noise - bbroomlea{P}
I had a set of Firestones on my Rover 200 4 or 5 years ago now. They didnt last long as it sounded like a wheel bearing was going as well as a terriable road roar! I got them at a reasonable price so after about 10K of being driven round the bend I stuck some Pirelli's on and back to a silent (well as silent as it could be) cabin.

tyre noise - Waino
The front wheels of SWMBO's Focus have been shod with Pirelli P6000 ..... noisy; Firestone Firehawks ..... very noisy; Continental ContiPremium Contacts ..... significantly less noisy. It has to be borne in mind that the Focus is noisy anyway.
tyre noise - ifithelps
It has to be borne in mind that the Focus is noisy anyway.

My Focus is, too.

It's had Dunlop, Pirelli and Avon tyres and the Avons are significantly quieter than the other two.
tyre noise - MikeTorque
Try Goodyear Excellence, they are a good all rounder and a lot quieter than Firestones.
tyre noise - morellomax
Goodyear Excellence or Pirelli P6 both cheapish but average tyre life, or Michelin Primacy HP at a higher price for great tyre life and better fuel economy too. All 3 fairly quiet on new shape Galaxy / S-Max, should be ok on old shape Galaxy as well assuming they do the correct sizes and load ratings.