What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2000 1.2 Instrument Cluster - fiatsco
Fiat Punto ELX Automatic/Speedgear Experienced total instrument cluster failure. Watchdog ran a program in April 08 on Ford Focus cluster failure and Ford willingness to make good. Was wondering if anyone out there with Fiat Punto experienced similar fault and what they have done about it? Fiat dealers quote over £450.00 to repair. I thought this excessive, your opinions appreciated
2000 1.2 Instrument Cluster - aaflyer
I'm not too sure about the value - but if it needs done.. I'd appreciate your other experiences of the Speedgear - mine has only done about 37,000 miles with no problems - I change the ATF and filter yearly and it's serviced on schedule. What age is yours - any other issues?

Cheers

AA
2000 1.2 Instrument Cluster - Another John H
If you get no joy from FIAT, consider this place:

tinyurl.com/3wqp3f

AAFLYER The instrument cluster is the only problem I have exoerienced with my Fiat That is, apart from a new battery, tyres, exhausts and gearbox sump that i "kerbed"
It has done 40000 miles and is a w reg (2000) Overall, not too bad I'd say.

AnotherJohn H Thanks! I will give them a try. Cheers
2000 1.2 Instrument Cluster - problem punto
I, too, have a Fiat Punto (5years old) and the instrument cluster failed. I paid £500 to have it replaced! After seeing the Watchdog programme, I contacted Fiat using the letter format on the Watchdog site. Fiat's response was that there was 'no intrinsic problem that they were aware of', end of story. I replied indicating my disgust and comparing their response with Ford's. Ford offered to reimburse customers their costs over £99. I suggest you contact Fiat. The more customers who make them aware of the problem the better chance of a more positive response. Good luck.