What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1998 1.8 rad weld - slack
hi have a small leak in the rad on my focus is it ok to use rad weld, if so can i put it to the expansion bottle.

cheer's slack.
1998 1.8 rad weld - Screwloose

Sealers are OK as a temporary fix only; but can cause unwanted side-effects. Don't use one of the old-tech brown ones; get one of the latest white type.

Frankly; why risk the engine for the price of a rad.
1998 1.8 rad weld - TurboD
you would be mad to use that stuff- i have seen a blocked radiator from that stuff, which led to overheating and many more £££££s being spent than the original bottle!
Long gone the days of cracking an egg in the rad to stop a leak, the new tubes are tiny.
That's my view.
1998 1.8 rad weld - jc2
Best and easiest would be Exchange radiator;look in phone book for Serck-Halfords are agents.If you must put sealer in,don't put it in expansion bottle-take hose off so it goes straight to rad and engine.
1998 1.8 rad weld - Lud
Don't pour sealant gunk into the cooling system. It was dodgy even with sixties American cars in which everything was huge - I speak from bitter personal experience here - but would be insanity in a modern Eurobox with its tight tolerances in every area including cooling capacity.

Find the leak and fix it, with a replacement radiator if necessary. Shouldn't cost the earth surely?