What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Road accident legal advice - slall
I had an accident with a lorry around crossroads. I was going straight and the lorry came and hit me from right hand side of the driver. There were giveaway say for me to stop but because the location of the sign was not clear I didn?t see the sign. There should have been a stop sign cause that would have given better message and it clear to see stop sign because it?s red in colour rather than giveaway. The hedges were so high that I couldn?t see the truck coming from right until it was too late. A week before my accident took place, there a similar case but the outcome was less critical. I have got broken collar bone, pain on my knees and minor scar on my nose. I am not sure who the case will be against but I blame the road signs and hedges. If you click on this article www.nwemail.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=812247 you will probably get more idea on what happened and if I got a valid case or not. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

link now repaired thanks to the two posters below

Edited by Pugugly on 24/04/2008 at 16:16

Road accident legal advice - Pugugly
Not familiar with a "giveaway" sign ??

Edited by Pugugly on 24/04/2008 at 16:15

Road accident legal advice - oldnotbold
You should always be able to stop within what you can see of the road ahead. If hedges etc prevent you from seeing clearly, then you must slow down.

Road accident legal advice - ForumNeedsModerating
Were there any road markings at the junction ? ( i.e. continuous or broken white lines across the road you were on) If so, I would assume whatever the state of polesigns was you should be prepared to stop - many country crossroads where I am don't even have road markings - I always exercise extreme care.

Road accident legal advice - FotheringtonThomas
I assume it was this junction:

tinyurl.com/65huwm

Hm?
yep you are right.
Road accident legal advice - Billy Whizz
From the aerial photo, that looks like a rather large and clearly marked jct to me. But visibility to the right looks difficult due to where I guess the hedge is and the curve of the road. The accident was reported to have taken place at 8:30 am. Is this correct? Were you on your way to work? Was the lorry speeding perhaps? What was the weather like? Was the sun low/ in anyone's eyes?
Road accident legal advice - FotheringtonThomas
So is your case that you could not see the give way sign at all, which caused the crash?

Were you travelling North on Newport Road, and the quarry vehicle travelling East along Long Lane towards the quarry? If not, what was the situation?

Are there speed limits on any of the roads, by the way?
Road accident legal advice - Fullchat
Slall. Do you live nearby? Have you used this junction before?
never used the junction before