What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - volcane
Hi

need some help. What is an early 04 Mondeo ghiaX tdci 130 34k miles worth. Needs some bodywork two doors damaged, dinge/scrape on other side so will need both sides sprayed (silver) alloys not in great condition. What is bottom book, what is it worth as trade in?

thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 17/03/2008 at 19:02

Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - Morris Ox
How long is a piece of string?

I suspect you'll be offered anything between £5-£6k in part ex, but it depends what you're part exchanging against and whether you're doing a deal with a franchise dealer/large dealer group or an independent used dealer. What they offer is partly down to the profit in what they're selling you and how desperate they are to do a deal, but no one wants to take on a car that involves a load of work/cost - franchise dealers will send it round the block or on to a used lot they feed cars through.

The way economic conditions are at the moment, some part ex offers might well come in below £5k, especially with the car's condition. Private poor condition should in theory sell for just under £6k, but I don't think you've got a cat in hell's chance of that at the mo.
Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - Martin Devon
Is that car really 'worth' 5-6K??

VBR........MD
Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - Bill Payer
As has been mentioned, p/x depends a lot on what you're buying, whether you'll take an expensive finance package etc.

The car sounds like it has a good £1200 (£1000 for the body and £200 for the wheels) worth of damage which I can't see dealers being keen to take on unless they get the car so cheaply that it's worth taking a risk. A trader *might* be nervous of the TDCI engine, and that nervousness won't be helped by the car looking very shabby.
My wild guess is that, ignoring p/x distortions, the car is worth in the region of £3000.
Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - volcane

Thanks for the replies, I was stuck for a car (hg on my xsara) so bought it for 3350 then had to trailer it home put on 4 tyres (205,50,17), full service, prep for MOT, put through and clean (had sat for almost a year) so car sitting without bodywork touched is costing me a few pence short of 4k. Reckon Bill payer is about right for bodywork wheels cost so to leave the car right will take a total of 5200 and then still have the tdci issues!!

Think I will drive it for a while and then move it on and not 'invest' anymore time or money in it.
Ghia x tdci 130 Value? - Collos25
Just being looking at a mint ghia diesel with leather on 54 plate one owner 50k and its retailing at £5495 a dealer will give you if he is at all interested around £3k,try it and find out foryouself its not rocket science.