What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1999 1.8 ghia - lost key !! - paul_pompey
I have lost my ford focus key and the car is locked up outside my house !!

Ok the car is a focus 1.8 ghia h/b model t reg 1999 {this bit now added to the subject header as per the 3 separate requests you didn't see!}

has anyone goy ideas as to how i can get a replacemrnt key and also on the likely cost ?

thanks for your help

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/03/2008 at 18:47

ford focus lost key !! - Falkirk Bairn
Get your V5C out - take it to Uncle Henry and they will get you a new key correctly coded in a day or 2.

Save up - it can be between £100-£150 for remote control key replacement - I have no knowledge of Fords but it will not be greatly different from the other rip-offs.
ford focus lost key !! - Armitage Shanks {p}
These people might be able to help

www.autolocksmiths.net/
1999 1.8 ghia - lost key !! update and a question - paul_pompey
Thanks for help all who responded

Ok what i did was get a new key made it is the type with a blue chip on but comes with no remote.

I then purcahed a second hand remote and attached that to a key i had cut the horseshoe type so i just clipped the remote on to it.

So now i have 2 keys one without a remote that starts car ( after i programmed it ) and one with remote that opens doors by the remote and key also turns in ignition but and turns radio on but will not start car.

My question is can i programme it to start car ?

thanks
1999 1.8 ghia - lost key !! update and a question - mikej
As far as starting the car is concerned, you need two working keys in order to program a third.

If you only have one working key, then the only way you can get a second key programmed is by taking it to a Ford dealer.

How did you manage to program the first new key you bought, if you had no working keys ?!