What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dashboard lights dimming? - gsb49
Hi
Just taken delivery of a new Focus Zetec Estate and there doesn't appear to be a way of dimming the dash lights?
Is it via the menu somehow?
Cheers
Dashboard lights dimming? - boxsterboy
Didn't the car come with a handbook?
Dashboard lights dimming? - Pugugly
I had one on hire a few weeks ago - its a rotary switch alongside an identical switch for adjusting the lights roughly above you right knee to the right and below the steering wheel, if its not there it ain't anywhere and it was deleted on that trim level.

Dashboard lights dimming? - mfarrow
Next to the light switch if there is one (a dimmer, that is).
Dashboard lights dimming? - gsb49
Thanks guys for getting back, yes it did come with a handbook but the instructions about the adjusting wheel next to the light switch is wrong on this model, there is no wheel ! anywhere.
The handbook doesn't seem to have been updated for the new model, some of the instructions are not correct.
Just thought it maybe on the menu somewhere that has been missed out!
Dashboard lights dimming? - Pugugly
The one I drove (with the wheel) was 3k 57 reg. It was a fully loaded Titanium model. It had the Menu whatist.

Edited by Pugugly on 12/03/2008 at 22:26

Dashboard lights dimming? - DazzaBee
Hi - I recently got a Ford Focus 1.6 dCi DPF Style Estate as a lease car. There is no dash dimmer switch and I have found the dash lights too bright at night. When I questioned the dealer, they recommended I speak to Ford Information Line. I rang them - they told me that none of the new Focuses have dash dimmer light and that it is a factory fit extra and cannot be retro-fitted! When I asked how was I supposed to know it was an option as it is not on their website (and there was no brochure available when I looked or rang), they said the dealer should have told me and that the website was still being developed. I spoke to two dealers who did not know this is an option! They also confirmed that the manual being issued for the new Focus (2008) is the old manual - the new 08- versions had (have?) not been produced yet. Was I wrong to think such as simple, standard device as a dash-light dimmer should be fitted as standard (in the interests of driver comfort and, ultimately, safety)?

Anyone else noticed the dash-lights glaring? I have always turned the light s down on all cars I have owned to stop glare and tiredness at night - but no longer have that option - it's not as if the lights automatically dim when you put the lights on - they stay the same brilliance. That's progress, hey? Great customer service, Ford!
Dashboard lights dimming? - MikeTorque
This "feature" seems to be rather randomly applied to the Focus as some cars have the dash vari-dimmer and others don't even for the same model, the same applied to the Focus II.
Dashboard lights dimming? - Bilboman
But can you still see paradise by them?
Dashboard lights dimming? - L'escargot
But can you still see paradise by them?

Do you mean the parafluffydise hanging from the mirror? ;-)