What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
How can I tell what year? - Dobiesmon
Hi
On another site ( Club ) somebody chatting said he knows of this car for sale.

its a ford frog est is Irish registered so no indication as to year, but there is
a fair amount of M.O.T left on it and he only bought it for the plate.

will it be hard for me to get another plate for it and how will I know the year ( reg paper work I hope )

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/03/2008 at 00:52

How can I tell what year? - jc2
At the RH end of the chassis number are two letters and five numbers;the first letter is year of build,second is month-a Ford dealer can tell you how old it is(or just put it on here).
How can I tell what year? - DP
The current Burton Power catalogue I was perusing recently has a table of this information going right back to the 60's.
If you post it I can tell you month and year when I gey home tonight.
As jc2 says, you just need the two letters before the five numbers at the end.

Cheers
DP
How can I tell what year? - bathtub tom
I think I learnt from HJ to take out the ashtray, that will have an indication of how old the ashtray is, as will almost any moulded part on the car.
How can I tell what year? - jc2
Not the most accurate as parts may have been in store or replaced but it may work;the accurate way is chassis number.
How can I tell what year? - ifithelps

I think I learnt from HJ to take out the ashtray, that will have an indication of how old the ashtray is, as will almost any moulded part on the car.

Wasn't the other place to look on the cloth tag sewn to the seatbelt webbing?
How can I tell what year? - Dynamic Dave
its a ford frog est

ok, have sat on my hands long enough now. What the dickens is a Ford Frog estate? (assuming the est means estate?)
How can I tell what year? - bathtub tom
Thanks DD, I thought it was just me ;>)

What does it mean when a message is 'bumped'?
How can I tell what year? - MichaelR
If its a Southern Irish car the year is on the plate. If its a Northern Irish car simply enter the plate into the DVLA's Car Tax vehicle enquiry thingy and it will tell you the date of first registration.
What does it mean when a message is 'bumped'?

A phrase used when wanting to push a thread back up the to the top of the listings. Another one is BTTT (Back To The Top)
How can I tell what year? - Round The Bend
I'd assumed that the Ford Frog was the ugly old Scorpio
RTB, As the OP's other post refers to the Scorpio, I think you're right. Let's see if he confirms before I edit the topmost post though.