What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Timax exhausts - any good? - DP
Been looking at replacement exhaust front pipes and cats (one piece, ludicrously) for my blowing front section on the Mondy. The quotes for parts only (a mate will fit it for me). Timax come out consistently the cheapest, and by quite a margin. A Bosal item is coming in at about £120 and the Timax is a little over half that. Both include the cat and the flex-coupling just before the joint flange.

Is there a good reason why the Timax is cheap? I don't want to lavish a fortune on the car, but neither do I want to lose what little performance it has, compromise economy, or end up having to do the job again in a year assuming I keep it that long.

BTW - this car is on its original exhaust (from the front section back is one piece, and the silencers have Ford stamps). It's done nearly 8 yrs and 141,000 miles, so can't really grizzle.

Advice and opinions welcome.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 18/02/2008 at 21:17

Timax exhausts - any good? - TimOrridge
I found I had same result with my Audi 80. Anyway bought 3 piece set except back box (oroginal) and I havent had any problems. Had a recent post where it was loose but that was fixed nothing wrong with exhaust just bad fitting kit. Good buy in my opinon. Cost me £128 for downpipe, cat and centre silencer plus fitting kits.

Im sure you hear the opposite and insist on not buying budget parts