What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
jacks and ramps - milkyjoe
hi room , im after some car ramps and a trolly jack....any suggestions please, i looked on ebay recently but theres nothing local and i hate paying exorbitant p&p on there anyway thanks....mj
jacks and ramps - Screwloose

Tried the local motor factors or trade parts shops?
jacks and ramps - milkyjoe
thanks screwloose , will have a look around this afternoon
jacks and ramps - Group B
Have you checked your local Admag/ freeads paper, many times I have seen a set of 2nd hand ramps for a fiver, (I've been wanting some for ages but not got round to buying any).

When I was a kid our neighbour had some timber ramps he made out of an old railway sleeper, they weighed a ton!

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 02/01/2008 at 12:03

jacks and ramps - jc2
Clarkes,Machinemart,Screwfix etc.At least they come with a guarantee which is more than someone elses "cast-offs" will.
jacks and ramps - OldSock
At least they come with a guarantee......

So that your relatives can claim for a new set when the ramps collapse on you :-)

Seriously, though, don't skimp on what might be the only thing saving you from a grisly end.
jacks and ramps - Group B
If buying 2nd hand ramps you would obviously check condition before buying, they could be as good as new, only used a few times; or they could be rusty or bent, in which case you would obviously not buy them.
If you dont trust your own judgement of whether they will be safe or not, then buy new ones.

I must admit some ramps look like quite flimsy manufacture to me which is one reason why I've not got round to getting any and use a trolley jack and axle stands instead.
jacks and ramps - doctorchris
These items come into Aldi and Lidl but are not there all the time. The quality is good and the prices are excellent. Depends how long you are prepared to wait to buy them.