What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
recommend me a diesel estate - OLL
I am thinking of replacing my 110 chipped to 143 V reg passat sport estate.
Its done 165k and runs very well but I fancy a change. The handling of the Passats has always been a touch vague for me

After a diesel with minimum of 150bhp sporty looks and drive. Have a budget of £8k not inc any trade in. The budget suggest a highish mileage ex fleet car with FSH etc

I probably prefer a prestige make Audi Saab Volvo BMW etc rather than the Ford Vauxhall offerings but not ruling anything out.
Reliability performace and handling are key. No smaller than and A4/ Octavia size.

Thanks
recommend me a diesel estate - Round The Bend
Mazda 6?
recommend me a diesel estate - a900ss
I haven't driven too many cars in this sector but I did have a 2004 BMW 320d estate and if the size is big eniough for you, I can only recommend this car. I had it from new and 3 years later it had done 119,000 miles. In that time nothing went wrong, not even a bulb blew.

It was a 150hp and plenty quick enough, handling was excellent but mine did have lowered sports suspension and was a touch hard on broken roads.

Economy was very good too and would easily get over 50MPG in normal driving (normal for me is Motorway driving, 70-75MPH).

Good luck.
recommend me a diesel estate - marty1979
Skoda Octavia Vrs, awesome cars.
recommend me a diesel estate - grumpyscot
I'd go along with the Skoda Octavia. Would also recommend the Toyota Avensis - loads of carrying space and great acceleration & fuel economy.

Vectra is not too bad - but spoiled by the usual (IMO) crap Vauxhall finish.

Saab 9-5 very roomy and great on a long drive - but second mortgage required if anything goes wrong with the fuel delivery system.