What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - GroovyMucker
Visited my local Ford dealer yesterday. Told the nice chap there that I wanted a car with (politically-correct, apparently) Stability Control. He told me I don't need it because I don't live on a hill.
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - Pugugly {P}
Hmmmph.
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - Stuartli
That's one of the oldest around of modern times...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - Westpig
is this for real? Excuse my naivety, but do main dealer salesmen really come out with this tosh or is this within the 'old war story' category
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - bathtub tom
No, It's worse than that:
I took my Focus to a main dealer for a suspension clunk. It was diagnosed as an anti-roll bar ball-joint. They couldn't do it for a week or so, but :
"It don't matter, because you don't need that part, I don't know why Ford fit it"
from a "workshop manager".
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - Halmer
Or the head of service at my VW dealer when I reported that the door handle on one of the rear doors didn't always open the door first time and was sticking.

'It's a new feature on the mark V Golf'.

He didn't work there for much longer.
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - rustbucket
Or the VW diesel expert who told me the glow plugs in a diesel do the same job as spark plugs in a petrol engine.This was his answer when I asked the VW garage to sort out my passat when it only started on 3 cylinders and I suggested it might be glow plug or two.I fixed it my self it was the metal link fuse to all the glow plugs had failed.
--
rustbucket (the original)
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - henry k
I had the same fault on a Yaris. To be fair, after getting confirmation from my indie, I continued to drive it gently until the part arrived (a snip at £45) and I had it fitted.
In the meanwhile the clunk changed as one half of the bolt was punched out along the road somewhere thus saving the effort of pressing it out ;-)

Why do Ford fit it ? Cos everyone else does, just like sporty fog lights ?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 09/12/2007 at 18:52

So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - nick
Why do Ford fit it ? Cos everyone else does just like sporty fog lights
?

Er, no. But because it makes the handling safer.
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - mfarrow
I once took in a new fiesta to a young service guy and told him "the near side repeater indicator is falling out". He put it in the computer as "indicator faulty", a bit vague but fair enough I thought.

He then went outside to the car and I watched him spend the next 5 minutes testing each indicator, checking they were blinking, front and back, hazards warning lights, and pulling on the light clusters incase they were loose. It was painful to watch but he eventually spotted the repeater in the wing hanging off by its wires.

--------------
Mike Farrow
So THAT'S what Stability Control is for! - jag
the sticking door handles are not a new feature on the mark v golf, they are carried over from the mk2. jag.