What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
cambelt-siezure - big-o
if you need more ammo , sign me up. my car (skoda superb 1.8t classic) just siezed up at 45,000 right after a service,2weeks. i don`t blame the garage i personally checked the oil when it went it was clean and plenty of it but we`ve had it 2 and a half years with skoda services until it was out of warranty and all it does is the school run and a bit of shopping surely it should`nt just die like that if i`d wanted to throw money away i`d have got into gambling. many thank`s if you can resolve this or shed some light or even point the way to something else.
cambelt-siezure - 659FBE
What oil was put into the engine?

cambelt-siezure - spikeyhead {p}
before the car goes anywhere for repair, get a small sample of the oil for analysis. Its vital that VW lumps are run on the right grade oil.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
cambelt-siezure - Screwloose
big-o

A few more details would be interesting; year? Did the oil light come on? What colour?

What's seized? Anyone found a reason? What condition is the oil pick-up in the sump? Get the alloy filter mounting off and check that the relief valve plug hasn't come out.
cambelt-siezure - daiking
Did the engine seize (oil problem) or did it throw off the cam belt? I think we need more info.

The VAG 1.8T engine can have a dodgy water pump that can break and throw the belt without warning after a few years/this sort of mileage. People on the forum should know all about the plastic impellors.
cambelt-siezure - colino
Unfortunately a huge proportion of Superbs and Octavias were "private hire" and although excellent cars have been clocked beyond redemption with no real histories behind them. Hope this isn't the case with yours.
cambelt-siezure - Flycog
The private hire cowboys usually buy the TDI versions, although i do agree with your comments.
Flycog