What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
c220 cdi - COMAND System Screen freezing. - enough is enough
Hi

Has anyone had problems with the COMAND system on a C class. Ours is a 54 plate. The main screen freezes on occasion and doesn't come on for a day or so. The MFSW still works though. Mercedes can't find a fault and as it's intermittent, very hard to show them.

Any ideas?

SLT

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 02/12/2007 at 14:55

c220 cdi - COMAND System Screen freezing. - Bill Payer
I have a 54reg C Class with COMAND too. I don't use the car very much and the screen has frozen a couple of times in the time I've owned it (since it was 5mths old). However, it's been fine after switching the engine off and restarting.

A couple of things *might* affect it - the AGW (Audio Gateway Firmware) should have been upgraded as a service item, if you have the car serviced at an MB dealer.

Also, what version DVD are you using? Upgrading the DVD also updates the COMAND firmware, which might help.
c220 cdi - COMAND System Screen freezing. - enough is enough
Hi

The car has been serviced at the main dealer but I will ask them if that has been done. I'll check the DVD tomorrow. Too wet out there tonight.

Many thanks