What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
length of time for a reasonable warranty - doogs
Does anyone know what the least amount of time a car dealer - not a dealership, has to give you as a warranty. My mate reckons that it's a minimum of 6 months, even if he says it's only a month.
cheers Dooogs
length of time for a reasonable warranty - Screwloose

The Sale of Goods Act now presumes that any fault that appears within six months of sale, was there at the time of sale - unless the seller can prove otherwise.
so does that mean that i can go back to the showrom i bought my mondeo from in august and ask for either my money back, fix the car, or just learn a lesson from this??
cheers, doogs
length of time for a reasonable warranty - Aprilia
The 'six months' is not hard-and-fast. You can pursue the dealer if you have a problem, but you must be 'reasonable'. For example if you were driving 1000 miles a week and the radiator started to leak after five months then you would be hard put to make a claim. Similarly if the car had done 150k when you bought it and then head gasket went after five months you would probably be out of luck.

What's the exact problem?
I've got another message on the forum regarding loss of power, smoke and mpg. It's a lot less winded than typing it gain, only put it up about40 mins ago. echaic reckons i should get in touch with dealer. Cars done 79,000 & is a Mondeo tdci 53 plate.
cheers , Doog
length of time for a reasonable warranty - Aprilia
OK, seen the other thread. If you only bought the car in August then, given the age and mileage, I would say you should definitely go back to the dealer.
cheers mate, it's re-assuring to know that. I'll try and give him a phone tomorrow, thanks for your help.
Doogs