What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - jonrice
lol I have tryed to find out myself but I came up with 84 pound seem too little.

I'm thinking of buying one but need to drive it from England via Holland to Sweden road miles 500 and lets say its a 1.8 petrol and motorway driving. I'm on one very tight buget that's why I ask.

Any idea

Cheers.Jon.
how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - Armitage Shanks {p}
Are you talking about the driving costs or the overall including ferry etc? Will you need to buy breakdown cover?

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 23/11/2007 at 19:12

how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - TurboD
If you going 500 miles at say 35 mpg = 14.3 gallons. At £4.60 a gallon ( £1 per litre) it will cost £71, or 14.2 p per mile.
Depends on cost of fuel in the countries, but UK is about the highest ( you voted them in).
But if you drive carefully, you should get more than that mpg, I get that from Mondy 2l
how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - Red Baron
And considering that the Focus cannot drive on water, you will need to pay at least £49 for either the Channel Tunnel or for the Ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. So, depending from where you are starting, the ferry may save you considerable driving time.
nar just wanted to know petrol cost, isurance I have covered

Thanks TurboD having spent the last 3 hour finding out, what you said sounds right on the money.

The cheapest way will cast me 210 pounds with a 9 hour drive lol heaven help me if I break down.

If you think you know a cheaper way would love to know.

Cheers.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/11/2007 at 20:58

yer shame it cant fly that would be even better.

I'm coming from London the ferry to demark which is the easy way cost 280£ then a drive through Demark then the brigde over to Malmö where I live that would come out at 350is pound.

I'll go from harwich-holand 90£ then drive the rest of the way you can also drive to Germany get the boat over from there 230£ lol.
how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - adverse camber
you can get dover - calais for £20 sometimes.

Do you know anyone in the travel industry? Some people get the ferry(inc car for £5 return)
how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - cheddar
I used to do Dover - Zeebrugge, 670 miles from there up to Djursland.

Harwich to Esberg was good though costly.

Edited by cheddar on 23/11/2007 at 20:36

how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - adverse camber
I suppose that Newcastle or Hull to Bergen/oslo/christiansand is ££££££ ?

Should say - im not sure what the routes are these days but there are certainly ferries from the northern ports to norway, not sure if you can get to Sweden directly

Edited by adverse camber on 23/11/2007 at 20:44

how much money to do 500mls in ford focus petrol - injection doc
Ferries Or tunnel always cheaper at night. You can crusie more economically at night as well due to no traffic. I normally drive to spain over night. Saves hours of traffic.
Doc
Thanks for replys, if I can get over to france for 20 quid that would save me a little, there's no direct ferries to Sweden the best way is to Denmark then drive through but thats, like I said pricey.

I did once go from Newcastle when I first moved there but I was living in the north of Sweden, well middle so it made sense, I live down south now.

Travelling at night makes sense but it's damm long drive from France but from Holland makes sense.

To be honest I thought it would cost me much more in petrol to drive most of the way but it wont

Cheers.Jon