What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Repairing dents for trading in - weejohnnie
Hi,im going to trade in my honda accord 1.8(2001)57k which has 2 small trolley dents on the doors . Would it be better to get it repaired regarding trade in value . Also do car supermarkets expect you to haggle on a deal. Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/11/2007 at 17:27

Repairing dents for trading in - Falkirk Bairn
6 yr old Honda @ superstore - they will trade it so it will reduce the value but this could be a lot less than the cost of fixing - have you had a quote from somebody - this will clarify your position..

Yes you can argue the toss at Supermarket.

I got £500 off the screen/advertised price, £80 for mats and £50 for a full tank of fuel. They said they did not do mats or sell petrol - so it was 20 mins arguing and I got a reduction - the wife said she was embarrassed at arguing over £130 when spending £16,000 - however £130 for £20 mins = £390 / hour after tax!

The mats+fuel was after the T/I deal was agreed on my car and the £500 reduction in price - 27th of the month probably helped.
Repairing dents for trading in - weejohnnie
Thanks Bairn. Not been quoted on anything yet but i should think it would cost about £150 to be smart repaired,so it probably wont make much difference trade in,good idea though on buying near the end of the month.I will wait till then and go for a bit of haggle as well.Thanks