What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'oil high' warning light. - barney100
I recently checked the oil on this diesel car and thought it needed a top up as the level was just above the lower red mark an the stick. I must have put about half a pint in and now the oil high light occasionally comes on when cruising. It stays on for about 30 secs then goes and sometimes does the same a few miles later. Any one else had this?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 28/10/2007 at 20:12

'oil high' warning light. - Armitage Shanks {p}
The handbook will tell you what volume of oil is required to raise the level from Min to Max on the dipstick - 1 Litre is common in even in a small car with a small capacity sump. 1/2 a pint won't have overfilled it IMO. Perhaps, like me and my Pug 307, you have a faulty dash indicator? Mine took to saying empty when it was full but cured itself before I could get it looked at by a dealer.
'oil high' warning light. - elekie&a/c doctor
I would suggest that the oil level has been overfilled.It is very easy to do this as the car needs to sit on level ground for at least 20 mins after engine stopped to get an accurate reading.Recheck the level on the dipstick and you will probably find that it is above the top red plastic marker.Needs to be just below. hth
'oil high' warning light. - ChicksFan
I would let some out again. It won't do it any good to be running whilst overfilled.

Ron
1995 C280 Elegance (for comfort)
1995 Corsa Swing (for daily commute)
2005 206CC Allure (for fun)