What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
or Cubic, views and suggested alternatives - leapylee
Hello

We have recently had our third child and therefore outgrown our ancient (1983!) VW Golf. The Golf runs very well and is reliable summer and winter round - which is why we have never changed it. Neither my wife or I know anything about cars.

Recently my wife and I (independently) saw a Nissan Cube in our area. We really like the look of this car and have discovered that there is a 7 seater version called the Cubic which, on the face of it, would suit us.

Doing a search this afternoon, I find that this vehicle is only available secondhand - which is fine but they all seem terrifically expensive - £6000 - £7000 for anything up to 50,000 km. As far as I can gather this is because they are imported used from Japan.

Has anyone any experience of owning one of these or any advice that you may offer? What alternatives are there in the UK - stylish design with enough space for two adults, three children plus space for additional passengers as required? The car will be mostly used for school run with very occasional motorway trips to relatives.

All advice welcome

Leapy
s
or Cubic, views and suggested alternatives - barchettaman
Sounds like a Vauxhall Zafira might fit the bill.