What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Panel Beater in a hurry. - baddriver
I have hit the side of a wall while turning into my drive way!! The side rear panel of my car is badly scratched and dented! Was looking for advice on where to take it, and expected cost as will not be going through insurance. Please any advise will be most gratefully received! And how long i should expect to wait as would like to get it done before my husband is back from a business trip!!
s
Panel Beater in a hurry. - Dynamic Dave
Was looking for advice on where to take it ....

Is this a general question, or are you looking for a recommendation in your area? If the latter, then it will help if you supply that info.
yeah!! what a plonker i am!! General advice really good, but i live in between Bath and Bristol!!!
Panel Beater in a hurry. - stuartl
How long is he away for??!!

Sounds like a 2-3-4 day job to me as a vague guess.

It's funny, I was chatting to someone about this the other day; the days of a quick spray job are over as paint technology has evolved, the repair process has become much more time consuming and expensive.

My Mum scraped the bumper of her Honda Jazz and was staggered to get a repair bill of over £800! Just a flat blue colour, not metallic!
Thanks stuart!! It is only one panal, side of fuel tank, the car is black , dont know if it makes a difference!! So im looking at over 1000 then? so any other advice, could do with out paying that much! So was the cost including a new bumper? I am feeling even worse now, thanks though!
Panel Beater in a hurry. - mjm
My son had his MX5 repaired at Bristol Street Motors in Bristol.

They had to fit a new rear bumper, knock out some dents in the rear wing and paint the affected areas. (he was reversed into in a car park) They had to colour match the silver metallic original paintwork.

They made an excellent job of it, the colour match is good and the dents are invisible.

From memory the cost was about £1200, but bear in mind that it was an insurance job and a new bumper had to be painted and fitted.

hth
Panel Beater in a hurry. - Victorbox
My brother-in-law has used Simcox, Unit 13 First Avenue, Westfield Trading Estate, Midsomer Norton, tel 01761 416221 on several occasions (never his fault!!) & the jobs have always come back beautifully repaired. Job may not take too long but getting booked in may be the problem.