Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - mini max
Hi. Recently bought a mini, but having some problems. One of my xenon headlights doesn't always work. BMW have put in new bulbs, a new control unit and are now saying I need a whole new headlight. I've already spent nearly £300 and they now want another £300. Any suggestions on what else it could be as I think they're just guessing.
Also can I put on normal tyres or do they have to be run-flats. Getting different advice everywhere?
Please help, I'm a woman in distress
s
Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - Aretas
I have Xenons on my Audi. One failed.
It was simply that the rear cover of the light had broken allowing moisture to get in. The moisture in the air prevented the (very) high voltage starter from working. No roblems since replacing the cover.
I'll get someone to have a look. Makes sense as it does seem to work when weather is dry. thank you
Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - chukter

>>>Also can I put on normal tyres or do they have to be run-flats. Getting different advice everywhere?>>>>

Run flats can be replaced with conventional tyres resulting in a more comfortable ride. The only snag is that you will need to cover yourself in the event of a puncture by either buying a spacesaver spare or emergency pump/sealant kit. It is also imperative that you clear the situation with your insurance company that you are deviating from the original specification.
Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - Bill Payer
I've already spent nearly £300

Why did you have to pay if their attempts to fix it didn't work? Ask for the £300 back.
I did say to the dealer that i wasn't happy that I'd already spent money and that wasn't the fault, but they just said when they put in the new headlight they won't charge me labour. Do you think I should be asking for more?
Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - Pugugly {P}
What's the warranty status ?
Xenon headlight issue and replacing run flat tyres - Hamsafar
I'd demand my £300 back or ask them to fix it for the £300 you already paid.
Why pay for diagnosis if they don't diagnose?
In my experience, the dealer will usually refund the whole amount.