What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - Pendlebury
Honda are releasing their next Accord Estate at Frankfurt in the next couple of weeks.
Honda currently have a reputation of showing prod cars as concepts so this will be as near as damn it the next production estate model.
Does anyone know where I may see a sneak preview or are they hiding it well until Franfurt release ?
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - brg190 pete
Pendlebury, sorry to hijack your thread a little, but it is related. I am thinking of buying a 3yr old Accord saloon. I am interested in when the new saloon will go on sale. I have done a google search, and all I can find is spring 2008. Does anyone know any more?

I will probably buy from a Honda dealer for peace of mind, especially if I go for a diesel. I'm assuming that, when the new model comes out, there should be more choice in the 2nd hand market as everyone trades in their old cars for a new shape, and prices should soften. Or am I living in cloud-cuckoo land and do Honda control their market sufficiently so this will not happen?
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - Pendlebury
www.channel4.com/4car/gl/gallery/spy+shot/11184/1

Pictures here of the next Accord although this says Autumn 2007 - I thought it was 2008.
I think prices will soften a little with a new model but Honda's do tend to hold their value quite well. I think they have a loyal customer base and many people just keep going back for more of the same. I know the Civic has divided people (particulalrly on this forum) over its design but I think Honda have played a bit of a belter with it in that it has drawn alot more sales from people who would normally buy Golfs and Focuses etc - or at least those that wanted something different. Once people get a taste of Honda ownership they generally do tend to then stay with the brand which should also help with future Accord sales and Jazz sales as the owning population increases in age.
Back to your point though primera man - I do not think that 3 year old prices will be affected that much - more likely 12-24 month cars - although there are probably people on here who would know better.
As a car to recomend - well I personally could not recomend a better car in the range (including a 3 yr old 3 series or A4 etc). The Accord has an engineered precision in everything it does and it you just know it will last for ever without letting anyone down. They are under rated cars. The motoring journalists in the Indpendent have regulalry stated that Honda probably build the best cars in the world at the moment - it's just that they do not have the inage of some other brands.
Personally I would agree with that. You will not be disappointed if you get one.
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - El Hacko
if Honda made a 5 door (not estate, thanks) version of the Accord, I'd take a serious look
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - Clk Sec
>>>
if Honda made a 5 door (not estate, thanks) version of the Accord, I'd take a serious look

Good point, EH. I would be very interested, also.

Clk Sec
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - brg190 pete
Pendlebury

Thanks for those pics. I really like the shape of the current Accord saloon. I'm not sure it can be readily improved on, and I wouldn't say the new version looks any better. Of course, it is difficult to tell with the masking tape disguise.

You're probably right that it will be the more recent cars whose value drops. Might just have to persuade SWMBO that it would be more logical to stretch the budget and buy a newer car.
New Accord Estate - I'm impatient - rtj70
VW have a clever idea. The future Passat 4 door Coupe (a bit MB CLS like) will have a rear opening that is both hatchback and boot.... now I'd like that on my next car. Well I won't get it as it will be a Mazda6 hatch on 22 October.