What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Boggy
Are Vredestien tyres any good? My local tyre place has "deals" on 'em. Got a nail in my front tyre and I've been looking for an excuse to re-shoe the beast with some nice safe tyres, but not budget ones and obviously I want to keep the open wallet surgery to a minimum.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - tyro
Apparently, they are very good. Auto Express ran extensive tests of 19 185/60 R14 tyres in 2005, and the Vredestein Hi-Trac came top. They also tend to do pretty well in ADAC tyre tests.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - wmo
I have Vredestien tyres on the back of my Mazda 6. I have had no problems.

Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - BazzaBear {P}
Have used Vredestein Sportrac 2's in the past and been very pleased with them. I believe they're on SPortrac 3's now, but I've heard good things about them too.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Corrib12
I've had a set of Quatrac Vredesteins on for the past 18K miles and they were a revelation at the start. Much, much quieter than the original Michelins and they give more grip in the wet, I believe.
Go for it..and save money as well!
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - mlj
I was recommended Vredestein by my trusted local tyre independent about four years ago. Haven't even considered anything else since. Excellent value, 28K on my recent Avensis H/B on the front. Highly recommended.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Blue {P}
I've got the Vredestein Sportrac 2's on my MG TF, and that car is very, very sensitive to the type of tyre that is fitted.

Blue
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Blue {P}
Oh, forgot to say, they're absolutely fine :-)

Blue
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - daveyjp
I replaced Michelins for Vredestein Ultracs on my old A3 after hearing and reading good reports. I wasn't disappointed over the 10,000 miles they were on the car before I traded it. I'll have them again if they do the size for the new Audi.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Boggy
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I was expecting such upbeat comments to contain a sprinkling of horror stories amongst them. Looks like I'll go for a set of them!
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - bell boy
i would just whack some camacs on it and be done but then my car only does 2000 miles a year tops
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Graemetdci
Have been using Vredestein Sportracs over the last few years on my Focus (195/60 r15 88v) - initially the Sportrac 2s which were very good, particularly in the wet, and more recently, had to replace the fronts after 20000 miles and changed to the Sportrac 3s which are every bit as good if not better and a little quieter (they came top in last years Auto Express tyre test of 195/65 r15 sizes). Additionally, they were very well priced at my local fitter - £52.50 a corner all in for the 3s.

Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - daveyjp
I forgot to add that one reason for me choosing them was price - £75 each for 16 inch Audi rims - 205/50/16 IIRC. Michelins were £120.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Frank01
The issue with chasing the latest tyres that are ' on offer ' is that you will end up with different tyres on each corner, depending on the deal of the day. I personally prefer to find a tyre that I am really happy with and shopping around for the best deal. Drive safely
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Stuartli
I first used this well respected brand at least 10 years ago and was perfectly satisfied with their performance and longevity at the time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I've had a couple of sets of Vredestein Quatrac II on my Passat. Fine all rounders and good in snow.
Vredestien Tyres - yes or no? - craig-pd130
They're pretty good on my Passat diesel but 20K miles is the max from a front pair .... the factory fit Conti Sport Contacts lasted 34K!

Conti tyres are very good value for the small price premium, I've found, on this car and my wife's Punto