What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - Bill Black
I'm still more than happy with my new CR-V apart from a couple of small gripes; I don't like that the interior (hard plastic) trim scuffs so easily. I've never, ever, experienced this before. The vehicle's about 4 months old and it already looks well used around the lower interior doors and dash. Any tips for 'renewing' the surface? We don't have kids or pets either, just mother and me and we're veeery careful.

The other irritations are in heavy rain, we get a steady drip..drip..drip noise somewhere around both B (door) pillars. I can't see any leak but the steady dripping noise just drives me mad.
Finally, the drivers wiper drags a sheet of water from the A pillar at least halfway over the windshield on the return stroke, anyone else notice this?
Otherwise, it's great.

Cheers, Bill
Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - Victorbox
My kids can't seem to get into my Zafira without kicking the sill trim plates, dash etc - I know they are called kick plates but....
I use Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber care to remove the scuffs including the rubber trainer residue they leave behind. You can buff it to remove most of the excess shine until it is matt enough for your taste but go careful on the upper dash area as you don't want a shiny dash reflecting in the windscreen.
Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - past_it
Hi Bill
Have just posted an enquiry relating to my 2007 CRV oil consumption, perhaps you may be interested.
I agree with you about the plastic interior which is VERY easily marked, I think Honda must be using the wrong plastic compound.
I hope we don't get a 'plastic bacteria' there would be nothin' left. Ha Ha.
Regards
Chris
Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - Old Steve
Hi Bill,

I have a new CR-V and have to agree about the poor quality of the interior hard plastics. I'm not that keen on the many greasy trim applications around and normally use a very weak detergent solution.

I've not experienced the dripping noise torture (but I'm listening out for it now). My wipers seem to work fine although the windscreen washers pressure seem a little weak.

BTW Honda dealers have a TSB regarding "wind noise" around the the external mirrors, the fix involves removal of the wing mirror and trimming of the rubber seal beneath, mine is booked in later this week.

Old Steve
Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - Saltrampen
Had exactly the same thing with a Honda Civic 02 model.
I had a sunroof, so was wondering if it was a drain tube going down from the sunroof, but ending somewhere short of the bottom of the B pillar. But it could have been coming from the inside of the doors instead.

I suppose pushing the outer rubber window seals slightly tighter onto glass *may* stop some water dripping inside the door panels (as it is designed to do on most cars). But they will probably go back to their normal position after a while. This may not be the cause anyway.

Best bet maybe to ask your local Honda body shop or try the Honda owners clubs, just so you know everyone elses does the same.

Honda CRV 2007 - Dripping noise - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My late uncle Bill owned a Vauxhall Wyvern. The rainwater drained from the roof through the door pillars and sills. One of many reasons Vauxhalls acquired the bad reputation for premature MOT failures.