What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
306 door wiring - yorkiebar
have seen countless postings with problems on door wiring on 306's.

But anyone actually repaired 1 and know what the job is like? Are loom parts available from Peug? or from a breaker? Unlikely to be any better if so. Or is it better to make up your own part loom?

All comments welcomed.
306 door wiring - topbloke
there is a modified harness available from the dealers, but can't help with the part number
306 door wiring - thomp1983
funnily enough ive just finished repairing another one this afternoon, ive done loads before. ive never used a replacement loom from peugeot think there overpriced, i just wire in a new section of wire for each wire thus both repairing and extending the loom to prevent future breakages.

take the door off is easiest, i then cut and solder each wire one at a time adding about a 5cm length of wire in. also, check the continuity of the wires both sides of the loom with a meter before soldering to check there not broke in the connector. the wires i have had broke in the connector ive just ran a new wire outside of the connector to the right wire on the inside of the door and then cable tied it to the connector once finished.

worst ive seen had 5 broken wires in it, of which the two small white ones wrisere broke so had to do some testing before joining them.

all in all quite a simple job if you can use a soldering iron and work in a logical manor

ch