What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - messa
Hi, I?ve recently bought a Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 v6 CDX 1998 on a R-reg,and I?ve got no heaters. They blow very well but it's just cold air, not hot. Can you tell me what the problem is? It?s got climate control, and the temperature runs at 90 degrees if this helps, thanks for any suggestions, messa.

{Shouting, ie typing solely in upper case amended. DD}
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - milkyjoe
90 degrees celsius would cook you , 90 degrees farenhiet would still be a tad warm (even in the shade) so what is actually blowing cold air and vise versa?
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - topbloke
i think he means engine temp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a look at the heater pipes they should go to a plastic valve (i know there is not to much room) this valve is controled by a vacumn pipe you may find that this pipe is off (usuall reason is that the valve leaks however if you take the vac pipe off it stops the leak ) however it dont let the water into the heater matrix, the valve is easy ish to change and don't cost a fortune from dealers
Cheers topbloke. Where would i start lookin for this plastic valve? Is it in the engine bay or do I have to take my dash out to get to it? Not really clued up on engines, all I know is were the plugs are, where the water goes ha ha ya could say I am useless, cheers.lol.

{And again - DD}
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - SpamCan61 {P}
I think the OP means the engine temperature is sitting at 90, which sounds about right. If the Vectra V6 has a heater bypass valve on the back of the block like the Omega that's probably a good place to start checking.
Yes thats right, engine temp runs at about 90, where would i find that then spamcan,you've helped me with my old vectra with the cold idle problam i ad back in febuary bet you cant remember mate.messa.

{And again. DD}
Thanks milkyjoe the heaters when i put the blowers on it blows cold air only, I know its supose to be summer but I'll need them for when the cold weather comes back.

{And again - sigh. DD}
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - milkyjoe
are the pipes to the heater matrix getting hot( prob one side only)? im not an expert on these matters but does the heater control have a manual or electrically controlled valve? could be the same sort of prob that later fiestas have,
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - Dynamic Dave
Messa,

Having edited your first post, and making reference that I have done so seems to have gone unnoticed by you, so I'll ask you directly - please stop posting solely in capital letters as it is classed as shouting in cyberland. DD.
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - elekie&a/c doctor
There are 2 problem areas on these when there is no heat.Firstly ,as previously mentioned,the plastic water valve can play up and starve the heater matrix of hot coolant.It is situated in the engine bay ,low down at rear near bulkhead.May be difficult to see as it is a V6 engine.The vacuum pipe attached to it is only reqd to turn the heat "off" so if it has come detached this is not the problem.Secondly.as the car has climate control,these suffer with the temp blend flap actuator rod becoming detached from the flap arm.It is just visible behind the centre console ,drivers side by your left leg.hth
ye thank you for that DOC iv seem the two pipes in the engine bay they seem to be getin warm but not as hot as the rest of the coolant pipes,will i av to take my centre console out around my heater controles to get to the actuator rod .
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - topbloke
trace the pipes back from the bulkhead two pipes side bye side about 22mm diameter you should not be able to miss them, looking at engine bay two thirds across two thirds way up from floor should have a snap type connectors one black one white
what do snap type connectors look like,not very clued up on engines.
sorry DD not realy cracked up with all this cyberland buisinass.
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - hm
I bet your heat matrix is full of cr@p....probably needs cleaning out..
do you think that would be a big job takin the heater matrix out ?????????
Vectra V6 CDX (1998) - No Heaters. - hm
Honestly no idea on a vectra, but on most yes they are not the best....what I usually do is disconnect the pipes to the matrix and plug in the hose pipe, then simply let it run for ages......no too much pressure though......

Sorry I can not really be more helpful......
ok thankx anyway my mate.
To elaborate on HM's post, you should really backflush the system.
ie, connect the hosepipe up the heater matrix outlet pipe, not inlet pipe and flush through. Same applies to the radiator.

Also, make sure you have the heater dial in the car set to the hot setting otherwise the valve won't be open and no water will flow through it.
ok, thankx DD,can i do that from the engine bay clean the matrix if i disconect the coolant pipes,which one is the in let and visavers,thank u.
Offhand, I couldn't tell you. However there is a simple test. Run the engine for a while with the heater set to hot. Switch off and feel the pipes going to the matrix. Whichever of the two pipes is the warmest will be the inlet pipe.

However, don't dimiss earlier suggestions that the hot / cold operating valve is duff.