What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mazda MX3 - Sheila
I am currently leasing a Mazda MX3 Auto. The lease ends in July and the company have offered the vehicle to me for £8200. It is an S- Reg and has just over 31,000 miles on the clock - I have had it from new and it has been serviced on a regular basis.
Is this a fair price to pay or should I try to get them down in price?
Re: Mazda MX3 - honest john
Production discontinued in October 1998, so this will be one of the last built. If it's a 99S it will have been sitting around for a while before it was registered. I wouldn't pay £8,200. I'd try to get it for no more than £7,500.

HJ
Re: Mazda MX3 - D J Woollard
A few years back I worked for a large company with lease cars for staff. When they offered redundancy to several managers as part of a re-structure everyone was offered their own car at a fixed price. My colleagues thought I was mad to say no thanks and leave mine in the car park. In every case the price was way above trade/auction given that most were highish mileage. They were just relying on the people comparing with retail prices locally and also playing on the feeling that these were the peoples own cars anyway.
David