What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
pug 206 CC (02 2ltr) rear noise - Saltrampen
A friend who has a 206CC has noticed that when there is a passenger in the front and when cornering sharp corners/junctions at normal to fast speed (10 - 40mph). There is scraping noise coming from the rear passenger (offside) area of the car. The scraping seems to be related to wheel revolutions, but the dealer cannot find any faults.
It appears that it may only happen after driving for several miles (10+).
My first hunch is something rubbing on the discs like gravel/sand stuck in the pads or a bent disk splash guard.
But I thought the Dealer (who has been previously very good) would have spotted this.
The closest approximation to the sound I can get is when you brake on a pair of rusty discs for the first time - however this car is well used with no hint of rust on the discs.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
S.

pug 206 CC (02 2ltr) rear noise - Saltrampen
For future ref:
It was lots of debris pushing a built in mudguard (which itself is missing some clips) onto wheel.
Only happend when suspension travel was pushed to end and when cornering, hence why dealer could not replicate problem on ramp.
S.