What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford mondeo part name needed - chemlaur
Hi all,

My 2004 Ford mondeo zetec 2.0 TDCI was vandalised the other night in my driveway. Whoever it was came armed with a screwdriver and tried to take off everything they could. I've a little spoiler (more like a lip on the boot) that they tried unsuccessfully to take but they did manage to take something else. I'm sorry for sounding so stupid but i havent a clue what they're called and it'd help if i knew the name of what was gone before i called the garage to get them to fix it! It's a strip of metal/plastic about the width of a finger that runs along the length of the car between the roof and the door frames on both sides. By the looks of it, it seems like they were just popped out with a flat screwdriver. Any idea what they're called and can anyone suggest how to stop them being stolen again (and also how to make sure they don't take my little spoiler or anything ele off the car).

Thanks in advance,

A close to tears mondeo driver.
Ford mondeo part name needed - Armitage Shanks {p}
The garage will have a parts catalogue and picture on screen in front of them and will manage to help you better than we can, even with your description which, while detailed, didn't quite leave me knowing what you were looking for.
Ford mondeo part name needed - injection doc
called a finisher trim if its where I think it is, & get a spare one to stick up the vandels backside!
Ford mondeo part name needed - chemlaur
Thanks for the help, someone suggested they might be gutter strips either but i think the garage will get the general idea. Think i'll have to invest in some super glue!
Ford mondeo part name needed - horatio
Gutter strip sounds about right to me. Try the scrap yards, yours might have been a flashier finish chrome effect, but the scrap yards should have standard ones which will be less likely to be nicked.