What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo 51 plate tdi LX HELP! - kelso
Your expert advice is needed! My mondeo is deisel tdi LX 51 plate on 186000 miles. The problem I have is that the car runs fine when cold but as soon as it warms up [usually 5 - 7 miles] it judders like mad and then finally cuts out. The car won't start again until its cooler [usually 15 minutes] then runs fine again for a few miles.
I have had a diagnostic run but this shows nothing at all. It may be coincidence, but its only been like this since my ex had a small front end prang...
Hope someone can help! Cheers. kelso
Ford Mondeo 51 plate tdi LX HELP! - Big Bad Bob
It could be a faulty fuel cut off switch which are designed to go off in accidents.Could be that the little bump has affected it. Its worthy checking out.
Ford Mondeo 51 plate tdi LX HELP! - LeePower
The small bump may have dislodged a electrical connector under the bonnet or a emmsions system pipe hidden under one of the front wings.
Ford Mondeo 51 plate tdi LX HELP! - jc2
Heat should not affect a diesel;to cut off the fuel,it sounds like the electrical feed to the solenoid on the pump;an air leak could do this but neither should be affected by heat.