What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Geffers
When I recently bought a Jazz, the dealer advised that for them to fit Park Distance Control would cost me an extra £400.
Does this sound right to you?
Many thanks
Honda Jazz - Bill Payer
Yep. Check if the price includes VAT or not, and if that's for painted sensors.

I can't recall ever seing a Jazz with parking sensors, though.
Honda Jazz - Falkirk Bairn
Did they not try and sell you:

Extra Polishing @ £300
GAP Insurance @ £300
Servicing contract for 3 years @ £30 / mth
Extended Warranty until 2012 @ £500

Parking sensors are great but @ £400 I would look elsewhere or not spend £400. 3rd party ones are around £50-£60 (IIRC) and getting an auto spark will not cost £300!!

Be more watchful / careful - you could pay for 4/5 visits from Chips Away and still be in profit.

Of the bumper scrapes I have had most have been other people when my car is parked.
Honda Jazz - Bill Payer
We had to have a new rear bumper on our Jazz after someone ran into it, and I was quite surprised that they come ready painted. Cost around £300 (other insurance company paid) and takes just a few mins to fit.

I guess having parking sensors would make the job altogther more complicated, especially if one got damaged.
Honda Jazz - nortones2
Our Jazz rear bumper cost about £75, I was told. Dealer hadn't noticed a ding on collection of new car: we waited while it was replaced:)
Honda Jazz - Bill Payer
Perhaps that's right - maybe £300 was the whole job - needed a new bracket and the mud flaps removing and refitting.

Having said that, Honda isn't noted for cheap parts and I seriously can't believe that it's as cheap as £75 (even the dealers cost price) - I think someone was just making a throwaway remark there.
Honda Jazz - DP
Of the bumper scrapes I have had most have been other
people when my car is parked.

I agree. The Mondeo now sports one on each corner, and neither me or SWMBO were responsible for any of them. Being left in a public car park 5 days a week most weeks is the cause.

Cheers
DP
Honda Jazz - DavidHM
Entirely believeable. To retrofit them to a Focus, Ford wanted to charge £250 for the sensors and "up to six hours" labour because there was no book time and they'd never done it before.

Halfords do it all in for about £150 though and I'm sure it can be done for less than that.
Honda Jazz - zarqon
DavidHM

would you really let Halfords loose on your car? Their chaps always look like the're on work experience to me.

MPZ

Honda Jazz - madf
Halfords fit the ones mounted under the number plate iirc.. so it's a simple job.. minimal drilling...
madf