What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
online ford parts numbers - milkyjoe
hi, does any one know of a good site for finding ford parts numbers poss with diagrams but i dont mean ones where you have to register or leave a phone number or fill in forms...much appreciated
online ford parts numbers - MisterH
All Ford parts have what's called a FINIS code. Put that in Google and away you go.
online ford parts numbers - mfarrow
Best thing is to buy a microfische sheet from eBay for your car/engine/gearbox/trim. All you need then is a microfische reader, but ask your local library if you can borrow theirs :-)

Ford part numbers are in two forms: FINIS, which is 7 digits long, and a long part number which used to start with the part introduction year (i.e 89, 76 etc.) and contains letters and hyphens as well. The latter is the one that's actually stamped on the part!

The best thing to do is go down to your Ford dealership and ask them for the part when you need it! They can print off a parts diagram for a sub-assembly, but I think that's as far as they can go.

Otherwise what part number are you after? I keep a spreadsheet with part numbers and last known prices for things I buy so I just have to say "a 6675110 please!", rather than have the parts guy scan through the software each time. Particularly helpful for consumables.

--------------
Mike Farrow
online ford parts numbers - milkyjoe
thanks for the info