What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
607 ignition coils - paulc924
Any experiences with these please? Afriend of mine bought one of these cars a few years ago. It is a lovely car but it has repeated engine problems. On four occaisions over the last two years it has started to misfire but has been cured when a new coil(s) has been fitted. He doesn't know whether the originals were a bad batch and over this time all 6 have been gradually replaced, or whether it is a general problem. Has anybody had similar experiences with this. Thank you, Paul.
607 ignition coils - BobG
I don't know which make your 607 uses but I had a Renault Megane which had problems with Sagem coils. The dealer replaced all 4 at the same time and replaced them with Denso units with no charge saying that there were known problems with some Sagem coils and that rather than issue a recall that they simply replace all coils when one fails. The mechanic stressed that all should be replaced at the same time to prevent problems.
607 ignition coils - LeePower
Sagem coil packs have been causing problems for PSA Peugeot / Citroen for years mostly on the TU range of engines with the direct bolt on coil pack.

Might also be the reason PSA told Sagem where to stick there coil supply contract, PSA now use coils from Electrofil & another manufacturer ( cant remember the name )

No idea if the 607 used Sagem coils ( one per cylinder on 607 ) but if they do then its an odds on favourite reason for why they went faulty.
Thank you for that. Regards.
Thank you BobG