What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - Andrew Velcro
Hello

The centre rear seat belt on my 2001 Mondeo has stuck. Any Ideas.

Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - adverse camber
stuck how?

is it locked, is the belt not retracting, the catch not releasing ?
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - yorkiebar
Happens a lot on them apparantly 1

Ford mechanic tells me the normal cure is a sharp tap on the reel box !
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - cheddar
Open the near side rear door, look at the catch that allows the rea seat back to fold, if it shows any orange then the seat back is not located properly, in such circumstances the centre belt is interlocked to not unreel.

Whether or not the catch is showing orange fold the back of the rear seat forwards and then push it back firmly, almost slamming it shut, that should sort it out.
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - Andrew Velcro
Nice one, I haven't tried it yet but I do remember seeing a bit of orange at the catch. I will check in the morning.

Thanks

Andy
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - ajsdoc
Well known fault - used to happen to mine all the time. Squirt some oil on the mechanism then whack it back (really hard) so no orange shows.
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - ajsdoc
ps I whacked it back so hard once that some of the plastic trim broke off, so be careful!
A little grease, not oil.
Mondeo Centre Seat Belt - Red Baron
Yep, hd this problem too.

Unclip the backrest from the side, move it forward, and push it back into position with a real whack. That should free the ratchet mechanism. Not quite sure how you'd lubricate it, though, as I thought it was burried in the back rest itself.
It's the catch you lubricate.