What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New car advice? - Quicksilver
Hi knowledgeable people. I have to choose a new lease car soon. I am able to lease most cars up to a monthly allowance limit. Need to have a large (ish) estate car or a large saloon/hatchback.
The Chrysler 300C is too expensive in both lease cost and taxation but it did get my attention!

Narrowed the choice down to the following estate cars:
1. Loaded Honda Accord 2.2TDI Ex with all the toys. Looks great but I have had one of these for the past 3 years and feel a bit bored. It has been a very good reliable car with only a few faults.

2. VW Passat Sport 2.0 TDI (140) with just the standard fittings, (no extras). Had a VW before, (Sharan) and it was a PoS so I am worried that I might get the same again. Do not like the electric handbrake!

3. Toyota Avensis 2.2D (180) with all the standard bits. Had a Toyota Camry before and was very happy with it, (very reliable).

4. Peugeot 407SW 2.2D (170) sport with all the standard bits. Worried about the reliability of this vehicle but it does look good.

5. Saab Linear Sport 1.9TDI (150) with all the standard bits. Worried about the reliability of this vehicle but it does have some image that the others lack.

6. Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.2TDI with all the standard bits. Worried that this is about to be replaced with a new model.

All the above are in order of current choice. What do you people think? Any other suggestions?

Q.
New car advice? - Avant
Maybe you should also consider:

- Ford S-MAX 2.0 TDCI - very well reviewed in the motoring press. I don't know why they don't put the 2.2 TDCI engine in this.

- Skoda Octavia vRS 170 TDI - surveys consistently show much better satisfaction with these than with mechanically identical VWs

- Honda CRV - said to be the 4x4 for those who don't want a Chelsea tractor.

- Mazda 6 diesel - maybe this isn't big enough, though they're good to drive.

Otherwise if you don't want another Accord, the Avensis may be the best of the bunch on your list: would it be any more fun to drive than the Accord though? The Verso being smaller might be more lively with the same engine.
New car advice? - Vincent de Marco
I'd go for an Accord - okay, you're bored, but it's a true Jap car. Come on and prolong the experience.
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.
New car advice? - oldtoffee
Accord or Avensis to continue with hassle free Japanese motoring ( a lot to be said for the peace of mind) Mondeo if there's a driver hidden within you. Fully loaded Octavia 2.0TDi Elegance DSG would make it on to my short list.
New car advice? - The Purifier
The Mondeo's great fun to drive and quite reliable but like you say the new Mondeo's due for release this year. It's quite boring to look at too. If I had to choose from your list I'd go for the Accord