What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz-Thanks - doctorchris
As a result of searching this forum we have cured the slow running problem with our Jazz by having a replacement EGR valve fitted free of charge and outside the 3 year warranty by our Honda dealer.
Result!
Honda Jazz-Thanks - helicopter
Thats the reason why I run a Honda .

The Civic is now coming up to six years old and has had only one problem within that time which was an electric motor for passenger window, replaced under warranty with a smile.

Customer service is an old fashioned concept but it works for me.
Honda Jazz-Thanks - nortones2
Had the nigh-on 4 years old Type S Civic serviced at Greenacre Honda, Blackburn yesterday. They had spotted that the aircon condenser was faulty at a previous visit on something minor, and arranged replacement of the condenser and regassing while it was in for service. Efficient and professional. Under Honda's extended warranty, as these condensers had been found to fail. No surprise that Honda are so popular: we have two now.
Honda - Saltrampen
No doubt many have received good service from Honda....
But my experience is the reason I traded in my 4yrd old Civic ....
It would usually take 2 - 4 visits before they could find a fault, a couple times they didn't have the parts ready
or the worng part was ordered. Once the warranty ran out they were not interested in replacing any item.
Then in the space of 2 months at 49k , the air condenser packed in, rear pads started to lock, Engine started booming at high revs far more than it used to and the wheels started to look out of alignment even though I'd never kerbed them and Handbrake cable boot ripped (possibly when they replaced a faulty wheel bearing earlier in the year, but I could never prove it) .
Yes there are good Hondas and dealers out there but get a bad one (and my case is not unique) and combine it with an indifferent dealer ...the mark loses its reputation with me...
Also from an engineering point of view I doubt whether some aspects of the vehicle design will mean it will as last as long as previous Honda Civic models....eg Engine and mechanical bits have very little protection from the elements underneath of from the side compared to many other cars.