What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda accord 2litre coupe 1997 - johnboy1967
after a few weeks of looking for a 2nd car finally got one today.1997 accord coupe 108k miles with history and loads of receipts,mot'd april07,taxed may07 with 2 previous owners.so any former or current accord owners want to share there tales of joy or woe and any advice they have on this car.thanks
honda accord 2litre coupe 1997 - mike hannon
Which engine?
I've had a 92 2 litre coupe for the past nearly four years - bought it as a temporary stand in and it has just kept going. It's now the shopping car or for use when the weather's bad.
Taken it from 72 to 116k and it runs well still, uses no oil and does steady 35-6mpg no matter how it's driven. It's a switchable auto by the way.
Everything works and it's as clean as a whistle, helped no doubt by the fact that it lives with us in rural France, where they rarely salt the roads!
The only time it has ever disgraced itself was when it ate its distributor bearing - the new dizzy was eye-wateringly expensive but arrived in 24 hours and only took 20 minutes to fit! The only time any Honda I've owned - and I've had many since 1966 - has ever had a mechanical failure that wasn't wear and tear.
Just keep it serviced.
Currently, our fine weather car is a 2.2 litre vtec Prelude. Strangely, when I've been using the Prelude for a while I am always happy to get the Accord out again...