What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
car clocks - Andy Bairsto
Can anybody think of a new or newish car rthat does not have a clock of some sort.I have an 99 explorer (just purchased )it has a compass temp etc but no clock .I cannot believe it.
Re: car clocks - Tom Shaw
Unbelievable penny pinching these days, Andy. Must have saved them all of £1.99 there. Motocycles are worse, with very few models fitted with a clock. At least you can look at your watch in a car without having to stop, undo and remove the glove and roll your sleeve up. I have a cheap digital watch sticky fixed to the handlebar mount on mine.

My pet hate with car clocks are the digital type which can only have the time adjusted by advancing it. One minute fast and you have to scroll through the full 60 minute cycle, by which time you have got bored and overshoot anyway.
Re: car clocks - David W
Andy,

Are you certain it's not a hidden function somewhere.

David
Re: car clocks - Mark (Brazil)
It was on the temperature display on mine - although this was about a 94 or 95.
Re: car clocks - KB
According to an article I just found, if it has a Model 7000 Ford radio, the clock function is built in to that. Presumably even if it had a different Ford radio there would still be a clock in it.

KB.
Re: car clocks - Andy Bairsto
You are correct but as I listen to LW and Am the fuction is not available only when you are on FM with RDS actiuvated ,if you change stations it loses its memory perhapsa fault I do not Nop .The manual is as much use as as chocalate firegaurd
Re: car clocks - El Dingo (Martin)
Andy,

That does suck. In our Audis we are spoilt, what with clocks in the dash and clock on the radio...

I hate to say it, but Halfords (or the German equivalent) must sell a 'bolt on' clock - but what a thing to do to a new car...

Martin.
Re: car clocks - boost
My girlfriends old AX had a clock where the rev counter should be. Nuff said.