What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - scampie
With ford car t reg we have recently bought, when I change from first gear when pulling off it makes a funny noise sort of grating??? we were told dry thrust bearing? the clutch seems fine and all gear changes are smooth, it just makes this noise when changin up or down from 1st gear???
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - yorkiebar
Try and be bit more specific about noise?

Does it stop when you press the clutch pedal?

Does it start when you press the clutch pedal?

Does it only do it 1st gear? Or just 1st and 2nd ?

If so is it only when the car is moving and the clutch is released or with the clutch in any position?

Does it stop as soon as any other gear is selected?
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - jc2
I think you mean "clutch release bearing";the thrust bearing is in the engine and controls endfloat on the crankshaft.
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - yorkiebar
clutch release bearing is often called clutch thrust bearing ?

Could do with some more comments about the noise before I can advise any further though.
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - bell boy
Well ive no idea what scampy means but he musta bought a goodun if he can hear the noise above the rappets
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - mfarrow
If it is the release bearing I wouldn't worry about it. My car's been making that noise for 3 years now and I could even get our new shape fiesta with only 4k on the clock to do it if held at the right bite/revs. It must be a Ford thing!

--------------
Mike Farrow
Ford Ka thrust bearings? - frazerjp
My Ka does make a whining sound whilst it crawls on 1st gear, but other then that, theres nothing wrong with it.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)