What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - leonora
Help. I am replacing my RAV (03) with something smaller but practical. Was leaning strongly towards the Nissan Note but then i read that Nissan and Renault are now wedded. Previous micras I've had have been excellent. Should I worry now about reliability of this brand? Anyway, which would be the better car??
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Chad.R
Isn't the Jazz slightly smaller than the Note? I think the Note is (at least marketed as) a mini MPV as opposed to the Jazz which is just a super-mini?

My local Nissan dealer keeps pestering me to take a Note on a test-drive since having a butchers at a Tino a while ago - I might take him up on it.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Manatee
Do you mean which would be the better car between the RAV and the Note? Or the Note and the Micra?

I have read that the Note is 'based on' the Renault Modus. Much as I genuinely admire Renault's designs and TV ads, that would be enough to put me off, which I admit is due to reputation rather than personal experience. Not sure about the Micra. I've never had a Toyota either, but a friend has a 120,000 mile 6 year old RAV with which *nothing* has gone wrong.

I like the Jazz in the 'small but practical' class but they do look horrendously expensive if you want anything but the basic. We have a Panda in the family, which I am not counting on being totally reliable, but it has simplicity on it's side and it was cheap. Nice drive too and room for four, though has to be said a quantum smaller than the Note/Jazz. I can't take the Micra seriously for some reason - I know I'm being illogical, but there it is.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Manatee
Sorry Leonora (Beethoven fan?) ignore my first para - forgot the thread title!
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - robN
Renault are not exactly renouned for their reliability, and Nissan have been struggling for quite some time now (to make any money). The tie up with Renault isn't really helping, and now GM (Vauxhall/Opel) are now talking about buying Renault/Nissan....although I'm not sure why....I can only summise that it is a desperate bid to get market share.

Honda, on the other hand, are one of the last independent manufacturers (there aren't many left), and are going from strength to strength. Their cars are reliable, and all of the dealers that I have experienced, without exception, have been absolutely superb.

If you really want a mini-MPV, get the Note. If you aren't fussed, and the Jazz meets your needs, get the Honda.

Have you checked the residual values ? I don't know how they would compare.

Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Altea Ego
GM (Vauxhall/Opel) are now talking about buying Renault/Nissan

I begy our pardon? this is a new one
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - nortones2
I doubt that GM will be buying anything. More like seeking Chapter 11 protection against the winds of change....
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - shanna
I am part ex-ing my jazz for an almost new Note (not sure if its the right decision). Have had no problems at all with the Jazz just the servicing was a bit on the expensive side after being used to renault. The main reason for the exchange was the car is a little bigger for a growing family (kids now have proper legs!) and the Honda dealerships seemed indifferent to my custom. The Nissan dealerships seemed to want the business more so not sure if thats a good sign! Liked the slightly higher driving position of the Note too but then I am 5ft 2. Going for a 1.6 as its got a bit more pep than the 1.4 Jazz.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Avant
Shanna's last sentence is what would pip it for me in favour of the Nissan. SWMBO had a Jazz from 02 to 04 - one of the first ones - no trouble ever but she too wanted more pep. She had a Civic 2.0 type S (more pap certainly but a bit too big) and has just replaced it with a MINI, as she doesn't need the space any more.

So if you need pep and space, try a Note, but maybe also look at a Fabia estate.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - ukbeefy
Understand the Note is built in Sunderland...and heard that the Jazz is now built in China...Or is just a version for the local market built there...?
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - harryhammer
I think you will find, the Renault/Nissan Alliance is trying to buy a 20% share of GM and add them to the Alliance.....
As for Nissan not making any money, this was the case before Renault and Mr Ghosn became involved and they are now regularly in the Black. Mr Ghosn has now moved over to Renault and a commitment has been made to improve reliability and produce a new range of vehicles. He has made a success out of Nissan and it is hoped he can do a similar job at Renault.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - bumbler
Hi,

Had test drives of both cars last week. I found the Jazz had rather too firm a ride and not enough get up and go at speed. The residuals seem to be really excellent, a significant factor if you don't intend to keep it for many years.

The Note gave a very comfortable ride and the 1.6 petrol engine was very nippy and responsive. Being large I found the cabin too narrow and the seat lacked height adjustment. The dealer said that Nissan couldn't make enough of them to satisfy demand which bodes well for future residuals.

Hope this helps.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - leonora
Hi

I have now test driven both cars and would agree with you that the Jazz is rather firm and unforgiving with the bumps. The Note has a better spec with more storage but - at 5' 2" I found the depth of the seat (or maybe just the driving position) meant that its edge was nudging my calves so i think this must preclude this car. The Honda definitely gave the impression of better quality build. So it's swings and roundabouts and then once I got back in my RAV I wondered why I would want to replace it at all!!!

What was your conclusion - you did not seem to think either car was for you - are you now looking at something else? I am thinking Mini (fun element like the RAV and do i really need the space now that my son is 18?).

Would be interested to hear what you or anyone thinks of Mini reliability/drive.

Thanks to everyone for their posts.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Avant
I may be able to help now that you're widening your search as SWMBO has a MINI One and elder daughter is on her second 1.3 Yaris.

MINI - too new (2 weeks) to assess reliability but they've made them for 5 years so there should be few problems. There's a facelift coming soon but the current model should still hold its value. So far we love it - great fun to drive, but we have another car with space. You originally said 'smaller but practical': the MINI's rear seats fold down but you must have a look for yourself to see if the space is enough.

Both old and new model Yarises (Yares?) are also great fun to drive, though make sure you get the 1.3. You'd get a better part-exchange on your RAV-4 if you get another Toyota, and if you like the dealer this is another thing in its favour. There isn't as much space as in a Jazz or Note, but you can move the back seat fore and aft.

If neither of these has enough room, maybe think oif a Skoda Fabia hatch or estate. The 1.4 is lively with 100 bhp, the diesel even more so but noisier.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - Oldsinjun

I would delay getting a Note and watch for price/offers and availability at the supermarkets as nearly new/used Nissans price drop very fast. You will be able to pick up a bargain in 6 to 12 months.

Keep the RAV for a while and watch the Note prices drop.
Nissan Note vs Honda Jazz - 1066
ive had my note 1.6se auto for nearly 5weeks now and 3000 miles and im so glad i didnt go for the jazz. the rear legroom in the nissan is more than my mondeo or c-max and the ride is firm but better than the jazz.
its very versatile and nice inside.