Model demise? - RFZ
I love my Seat Alhambra. Its an 04 and it might be time to have another one. But, has anyone heard when it will cease production? I know the S Max looks good and I wouldn't have two seats in the house, but have you seen the luggage cover position? Thieves look here please! The Alhambra is still the best for me. But would the purchase of a dying model be a sound move?
Anyone any info.? Not Seat dealers anyway.
Model demise? - colinh
June 2006 issue of Spanish magazine "Autofacil" (local equivalent of What Car?) has a note that it's due to be changed in 2008 - also a new TDI 140 CV model has just been added to the range. There's a new VW Sharan due out next spring, and they share the same platform.

Usual provisos apply - Spanish market may be different to UK.
Model demise? - cheddar
Yes the Alambra can be had with the 2.0 TDi 140 though IIRC the Sharan still makes do with the 1.9 130, makes me think that the current model will last in Seat guise for a while after the new Sharan is launched.

However the bargain to be had is perhaps the previous model Galaxy likely to be discounted due to the new model and available with the 1.9 150 which (again IIRC) is not fitted to the Seat and VW versions of the Sharambralaxy.

Also I must say that while by all accounts the new Galaxy and S-Max are far superior cars, the styling of the Sharambralaxy is still right up there for me particulary with the wider / low profile wheel options.
Model demise? - Falkirk Bairn
The Ford/VW alliance is no more in MPVs.

Apparently the New Fords (S-Max/Glaxy) are Ford only and the new and different VW & SEAT
replacements are 18mths/ 2 yrs away.

If you like the old Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra then the Ford garages will be clearing old models and might prove a good bragaining tool for better discounts at the SEAT Dealer - if it is a SEAT you really want.